Due to Natural Calamities, crops will be damaged, farmers will suffer badly, and they need to face a financial crisis. This crisis will affect the farmers for their next crop, and they cannot cultivate it sometimes. So for this, the Bihar government started a scheme of Fasal Bima Yojana or Fasal Sahayata Yojana.
This Bihar Fasal Yojana protects the farmer’s crop from natural calamities like floods, droughts, etc. Framers will get financial assistance if the crop is damaged or sometimes lost by natural disasters.
The financial benefit of Rs 7500 per hectare if the crop damages 20%, and if the crop damages more than 20%, the benefit of Rs 10000 per hectare will be provided under Bihar State Crop Assistance Scheme.
The benefit will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of farmers. The Bihar state government made it mandatory for farmers to have a bank account linked with an Aadhaar card before applying for Bihar Fasal Bima Yojana.
This Crop Assistance scheme’s main objective is to benefit millions of farmers and make them self-reliant and empowered.
- 1 Crop Assistance Scheme or Bihar Fasal Bima
Crop Assistance Scheme or Bihar Fasal Bima
The government started registering for the Bihar State Crop Assistance Scheme for 2020-21. On December 3rd, 2020, the cooperative department notified for registration.
Farmers do not need to pay any premium for this scheme. The Bihar government will calculate the loss of the crop.
Those who want to avail of the Fasal Bima Yojana must apply online. The registration is done to compensate for the crops’ damage, like wheat, gram, lentil, maize, pigeon pea, mustard, onion, reed, potato, etc.
There will be different dates for the farmers to apply for different crops, so they must carefully register and apply for Bima before the last date.
Information regarding Crops
- According to the Bihar government, wheat and maize are the Panchayat-level crops for all 38 districts. Apart from these two crops, crops like lentils, pigeon peas, gram, mustard, red, onion, and potato are also notified at the district level.
- According to the Bihar government, if the loss is for the gram crop, only 17 districts will get compensation. All the districts will get compensation for lentils in 35 districts, 22 districts, reeds in 16, onion14 districts, potatoes in 15, and mustard.
- The financial benefit is given only for two hectares only.
Registration deadline dates for crops
- Wheat – February 26th, 2021
- Corn – February 26th, 2021
- Lentil – February 15th, 2021
- Pigeon Pea – March 28th, 2021
- Gram – January 31st, 2021
- Onion – February 15th, 2021
- Reed – February 28th, 2021
- Potato – January 31st, 2021
- Rye-Mustard – December 31st, 2020
Documents Required for Bihar Fasal Bima Yojana
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state.
- Aadhaar Card (Less than 400 KB & PDF Format)
- Bank Passbook (Less than 400 KB & PDF Format)
- Identity Proof (Less than 400 KB & PDF Format)
- Agriculture Land Papers
- Mobile Number
- Passport size Photograph (Less than 50 KB)
- For ryot cultivator: Land ownership certificate and self-declaration certificate
- For non-agricultural farmers: self-declaration certificate
Application Procedure for Bihar Fasal Bima Yojana
- First, the applicant who wants to benefit from the scheme must visit the official website.
- Click on the “click here for farmer registration in the Agriculture department” option on the home page.
- It redirects to the Agriculture Department website. Here click on registration and select register from the drop-down.
- A new page appears. Applicants can see the option Aadhaar or not. Click on the yes option.
- Now enter the Aadhaar number, and name as in the Aadhaar card and click on authentication.
- An OTP generates the mobile number linked with Aadhaar, enters the OTP, and clicks on validation.
- Now the application form opens, fill out the form so that the Bihar Fasal Bima registration process completes.
How to view the List of Eligible Gram Panchayat for Crop Assistance Scheme?
- First, visit the official website of the crop assistance scheme.
- Click on the list of eligible gram Panchayat on the home page.
- A new page opens. Now select rabi-2019 or Kharif-2019, select the district, and block name, and click on view.
- There will be a list displayed on the screen of eligible gram Panchayats.
Helpline Numbers of Bihar Fasal Bima
For any further information or issues related to Bihar Rajya Fasal Sahayata Yojana, Framers can contact the below number and email ID.
Helpline number: 1800 345 6290
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a self-declaration certificate from the ryot cultivator for the crop assistance scheme.
Click here for the self-declaration certificate from non-ryot farmers for Bihar Fasal Bima Yojana.