BMTC stands for Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation. It offers Bus pass services to all the citizens of Karnataka state to travel by bus daily with a less fair. Mostly, students will benefit from the BMTC Bus pass services. There are two modes of application for the BMTC Bus pass.
The citizens or the students can apply for the BMTC Bus pass online or offline. Before starting the application, you must ensure that all the details and documents required are available to you at the time of application.
BMTC BUS PASS Apply Online:
You can apply for the BMTC Bus pass either online or offline. Applying online is better than applying from the BMTC official website or the Seva Sindhu portal.
Now get ready with the documents and ID proof from the college or university where you are studying.
If you are willing to apply offline, visit the nearest Bus pass counter with the required documents.
Take the application form from the counter, fill in all the details in the application form, and submit the application form by attaching the required documents and the application form.
Step by step process for applying for the BMTC pass online is given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of BMTC Bus pass registration.
2nd step: Click on the “apply for student pass” option.
Step 3: Fill in applicant details like name, college name, roll number, etc.
4th Step: Enter all the details required to complete the application form.
Step 5: Enter travel route details.
Step 6: Upload Applicant’s photo.
7th Step: Upload Aadhar Card and College fee receipt.
Step 8: Check the terms and conditions.
Step 9: Click on the Send OTP option, enter the OTP, and click on the submit button.
BMTC Pass Rules:
Degree, Professional, Technical, Medical, PhD, and evening college students can apply for the BMTC Student pass.
You can use one mobile number for a maximum of three passes.
Different Types of BMTC Bus passes:
Seven different types of BMTC Bus passes are provided for citizens of Karnataka to fulfil their requirements.
The different Bus passes are given below:
- Day Pass: 40/- per day(if you have a valid Id card) Rs. 45/- per day(if you do not have a valid Id card). Citizens can travel in city, suburban, Pushpak /Suvarna Buses.
- Vajra Daily Pass: This is also called Vajra Gold Day Pass. It costs Rs. 90/- per day. With this Daily pass, you can travel on all the buses except Vayu Vajra and Bangalore Rounds for one day.
- A/C Suvarna Daily Pass: This pass costs Rs. 50/- per day. With this daily pass, you can travel on all the buses except Vajra, Vayu Vajra, and Bangalore Rounds for one day.
- Vajra Monthly Pass: This is also called Vajra Monthly Gold Pass. The cost of this pass is Rs. 1450/- per month. This monthly pass allows you to travel on all the buses except Vayu Vajra and Bangalore Rounds for one day.
- Vajra Student Monthly Pass: The cost of this pass is Rs. 950/-With this pass, you can travel on all the buses except Vayu Vajra and Bangalore Rounds for one day.
- Vayu Vajra Monthly Pass: This pass costs Rs. 2650/- per month. This pass is allowed in all the Bus services provided by BMTC.
- Ordinary Monthly Pass: This pass is given for two different services. Rs. 550/- for all the non-A/c services within the city for one month. Rs. 725/- for all city, suburban, and Pushpak/Suvarna services for one month.
- Senior Citizen Monthly Pass: This pass costs Rs. 495/- for all the non-A/c services within the city for one month. Rs. 650/- for all city, suburban, and Pushpak/Suvarna services for one month.
- Student Pass: The cost of this pass varies based on the education level of the students.
- For Primary and Secondary Students: Rs. 70/- for ten months.
- For Higher Secondary School Students: Rs. 770/- for boys and Rs. 595/- for ten months.
- For Degree College Students: Rs. 620/- for five months, Rs. 1170/- for ten months, Rs. 1390/- for twelve months.
- For Tech, Medical, and Evening College Students: Rs. 770/- for five months, Rs. 1470/- for ten months, Rs. 1750/- for twelve months.
- For Professional Courses: Rs. 745/- for six months, Rs. 1420/- for twelve months.
All student passes are allowed in all the services except Vayu, Vayu Vajra, and A/C bus services.
BMTC Bus Pass Renewal:
You have to log in to the BMTC Bus Pass online portal to apply or schedule an appointment for the renewal of the Bus Pass.
Once you log in to the portal with your registered details, you can select the centre for an appointment.
BMTC BUS TIMINGS:
Start Time: 12:15 am Stop time: 11:00 pm