Dussehra 2023 is celebrated on Tuesday, 24 October. Generally, Dussehra is celebrated on the tenth day of Ashvin month, according to the Hindu calendar. This year the tenth day of the Ashvin month is on October 5.
In another way, we can also say that Bathukamma Festival starts on the Amavasya, and ten days after the Amavasya, Dasara is celebrated.
Dussehra is also famous as Vijayadashami. According to some panchangam websites, the Dashami will start on Tuesday, 24 October, at 6:52 pm.
|Also called as||Dashahra, Dasara, Dashain, Vijayadashami|
|Significance||Celebrates the victory of good over evil|
|Celebrations||Marks the end of Durga Puja and Navaratri|
|Observances||Pandals, plays, community gathering, recitation of scriptures, puja, fasting, immersion of idols or burning of Ravana.|
Dashami Tithi Begins – 05:44 pm on Oct 23, 2023
Dashami Tithi Ends – 03:14 pm on Oct 24, 2023
Dasara Grand Celebrations
In these places Dussehra celebrates very grandly.
- Himachal Pradesh
- Barada in Ambala
Why is Dussehra Celebrate?
This Dasara festival is celebrated as the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana the Evil. It also celebrates the victory of the goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura.
All the Hindu people celebrate this day as a victory of Good over Evil. In many places, people burn the Ravana photos to symbolise destroying evil on the day of Dasara.
On this day, different types of pooja perform, like “Shami puja”, “Aparajita puja”, and “Seema avalanghan”. The same day, Bengalis celebrate Bijoya Dashami, the tenth day of the Durga Puja. On this day, the idols and belongings of Durga Matha will immerse in the river.
Kullu Dussehra is the international mega Dussehra festival celebrated in Himachal Pradesh in north India. This Mega Dussehra festival is celebrated in the Dhalpur maidan in the Kullu valley. This festival is celebrated after seven days of Dussehra.
The celebrations begin on the Dasara and continue for seven days. This year Kullu Dussehra will be celebrated in the Kullu Valley from October 5 to October 22. More than four lakh people across the globe visit the Kullu Valley to celebrate this iconic festival every year.
Festive Attires :
- The festival season mostly demands Indian wear and sarees with the bright colours of Dussehra, such as yellow, green and orange.
- You can also choose from available various designer patterns. Lehenga with a touch of gold can be your festival look.
- I wish you a very Happy Vijayadashami, you and your family.
- On this Dussehra, you may shower with good health and prosperity.
- I wish all your sorrows and problems may end with this Vijayadashami.
- On the occasion of Dussehra, I hope you have a better life.
- I am sending you my best wishes and blessings on this occasion(Dussehra).
- May Lord Rama shower blessings on you. Happy Vijayadashami.
- May this Vijayadashami brings you good fortune.
- On this auspicious day, may the goddess Durga takes away all your sorrows and bless you with a healthy and wealthy life.
- May the Lord always bless you with good health and prosperity.
- May the Lord shows the light on your path. Happy Dasara.
Dasara is a huge festival that is celebrates across the country, India. Here are some famous quotes about this festival.
- Don’t kill but conquer the Ravana in you.
- It’s a time for celebration and victory of good over evil. Let us continue the spirit. Happy Dasara.
- I wish you beauty, colour and bliss on this auspicious day of Vijayadashami.
- Burn all your ego, hatred and anger within you, along with the photo of Ravana on this special day, Happy Dasara.
- Converting Ravana’s thoughts into Ram’s is the Dasara is all about.
- I hope real and true love is stronger than any other thing in the world.
- Shooting arrows at multiple heads didn’t solve the problem. Shooting at the origin gave the solution.
- We have only learnt from this that good always wins evil.
- Light can overcome the darkness, but darkness cannot overcome the light.
- Festival teaches us that victory will be on our side if we are on the right side.
Happy Dussehra SMS/Text Messages
- Your life may be as happy as the candlelight flame. As you move fearlessly up the mountain, Morning glory is created by the sun, and as Flory, the years are filled with its scent. The night is far away. as the dawn approaches.
- Every day as the sun rises, it reminds us that light always triumphs over darkness. Let’s observe the same natural principle and celebrate the festival of good triumphing over evil. Merry Dasara.
- It was today that good won the victory. over bad May this day clear all. Hurdles of your life and start—the new era of well-being. Happy Dasara.
Here are the best Dussehra Images.
Dussehra is on Tuesday, October 24.
It is celebrated all over India and some parts of the world.
Dussehra, also called Dasara or Vijayadashami in Hinduism, is a holiday marking the triumph of Rama, an avatar of Vishnu, over the 10-headed demon king Ravana, who abducted Rama’s wife, Sita.
Dussehra’s name comes from the Sanskrit word Dash Hara, which means “the defeat of the Sun” in English.