Raksha Bandhan 2022
The festival of brothers and sisters’ love is Raksha Bandhan. It is celebrated on every full moon day of the Hindu month Sravana Maasam, which falls typically under August. It is called the resemblance of love between the brothers and sisters. On this day, the sisters will tie the Rakhi to their brothers and wish them Happy Raksha Bandhan. In this article, we can know some of the Raksha Bandhan Quotes, Raksha Bandhan Wishes, and Raksha Bandhan 2022 images.
The sisters will tie Rakhi on the wrist of their brothers so that the brother has to protect the sister against evil influences.
Sisters will pray for their brother’s long life and happiness. On this day, brothers also give gifts to their sisters as a promise that they will protect them from evil influences and harm.
The festival is celebrated all over India and mostly in North India. By tying the Rakhi, there will be a sacred feeling and well wishes in the Rakhi itself.
Raksha Bandhan History
According to Hindu mythology, an incident is described in Mahabharata. Once Lord Krishna was flying kites and accidentally cut his wrist, the wife of Pandavas, Draupadi, torn her saree corner and tied it to Lord Krishna’s wrist to prevent the bleeding of the blood.
Likewise, a bond of brother and sister developed between Draupadi and Lord Krishna. On this occasion, Lord Krishna also promised Draupadi that he would protect her.
Raksha Bandhan is a Sanskrit word that means “the bond of protection or care.” Raksha means protection, and Bandhan means bond. With this Rakhi, the bond between the brother and sister strengthens and revives the emotional bonding.
On this same day, even Brahmins will change their Janoi, the sacred thread, and dedicate themselves to studying the scriptures.
Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022 Timings
Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi, is celebrated on the day of Sravana Poornima. The significance of this festival is the purity and sanctity of the sibling’s bond. The festival is between siblings’ undying support and the vow of protection for each other in any circumstances.
This year the festival is on 22nd August 2022, which is on Sunday. It is a festival of full joy, sweets, exchange of gifts, and merriment.
On this day, the sister will apply tilak to the brother’s forehead and then ties Rakhi by praying for a happy and healthy life. Brother, in return, will gift her as a token of love and appreciation. Nowadays, tying Rakhi is between brother and sister and tying for friends, elders, etc.
Sisters must tie the Rakhi to brother at an auspicious timing, according to Hindu Panchang. The timings to tie Rakhi are between 6:15 AM to 5:31 PM on the same day.
Don’t Dos on Raksha Bandhan 2022:
- On the Raksha Bandhan day, the Rakhi must not be tied to the brother in Rahukal. People believe that success will not be achieved in whatever work we do.
- Avoid using black color on the festival day, as it is the symbol of negativity.
- While the sister tying the Rakhi brother must not face towards the south direction. So it is better to face towards east or north.
- Brother and sisters must not exchange handkerchiefs or towels to each other because it doesn’t bond well.
- Also, do not gift mirrors and photo frames on the festival day because they are sharp objects.
- While applying the tilak, the akshata must not be broken as akshat means a man with no danger.
Happy Raksha Bandhan Images/Raksha Bandhan Quotes
Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi) Quotes/Raksha Bandhan Images :
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.”– Marian Sandmaier.
- “Being a big sister is to love your brother, even if he does not want it or love you in return.”- Unknown.
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell.
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero”- Marc Brown.
- “My brother may not always be at my side, but he is always in my heart” – Unknown.
- “A friend is a brother who was once a bother.” – Unknown
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.”– Vietnamese Proverb
- “My big brother still thinks he’s a better singer than me.”– Rod Stewart
- “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.”– Jane Austen
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”– Amy Li
Rakhi Messages to Sisters/ Raksha Bandhan Images :
- My little sister, I don’t know-howLife will take a turn, but I promise youThe place you hold in my heart no one ever will replace.!! Happy Raksha Bandhan sis!!
- Hey sister!! I may be younger you but strong enough to protect you from any evil. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Your happiness is my world, my baby sister!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I never forget to pray to God to protect my sweet sister from evil and give her the world of happiness. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I love you, sister, till death and will always be one call away in all your needs. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Your brother promises that I will always support and love you no matter what. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I feel proud to have a sister like you. Be the same strong-minded girl always!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Dearest sister, First of all, a very “Happy Raksha Bandhan.” This Raksha Bandhan, I promise I will always hold your back; whenever you turn back, You will find me always.
- I am glad to receive the most precious gift from God that is your sister!! Loads of love & Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Life is beautiful because of you, my darling sister.
Rakhi Wishes for brother/ Raksha Bandhan Quotes:
- No one can love, respect, tease, protect and understand me as you do, my good-looking brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- My dear brother, you are the reason for my smile. I thank the universe for choosing me, your sister.
- O…my brother- Until you are there in my life, I don’t need a friend.
- You are the luckiest boy because you have a sister like me. Happy Raksha Bandhan bro!
- My darling brother, I know I fight with you a lot, but today, at an auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I want to tell you that you are my world, and being your sister is an honor to me.
- I have the loveliest and sweetest brother in this world. Thanks for being the best one!! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- The one reading this message is very close to my heart, and I love him the most. He is indeed you, my handsome brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- This Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God to give my handsome brother good health, long life, a world of happiness, positivity, peace, and all that he desires. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my lovely brother!!
- Happy Raksha Bandhan, my brother!!! This Raksha Bandhan, I promise you that I will never leave to tease you, but whenever you need me in difficult times, I will always be there by your side to protect & support you.
- You are the best gift that I received from my parents. Love you so much, brother! Happy Raksha Bandhan!