Do you renew your driving license in Delhi? Renewing your Driving license is a straightforward process in Delhi. According to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, a driving license is mandatory for driving a vehicle on Indian roads.
- 1 Renew your driving license in Delhi:
- 1.0.1 Document required for driving license renewal in Delhi
- 1.0.2 How to apply online for the renewal of my driving license in Delhi?
- 1.0.3 Offline renewal of driving license in Delhi
- 1.0.4 Steps to Check Driving License Renewal Status in Delhi
- 1.0.5 Application Form for Renewal:
- 1.0.6 Grace period for driving license renewal
- 1.0.7 Driving license fee in Delhi
- 1.0.8 FAQs
Renew your driving license in Delhi:
A driving license is an essential document in Delhi, and you cannot drive without a driving license or a driving permit expiring, so you need to renew your driving license. The driving license expiry date after your driving license is invalid.
Driving without a driving license will result in heavy fines. These articles show how to renew a driving license in Delhi.
Your driver’s license must be up to date, and if it still needs to be, you should apply for renewal today. You will have to renew it with a grace period. You will have to pay a higher fee if you do not continue within the grace period.
The grace period is 30 days after your driving license expires. The renewal application shall consider up to one month before the license’s expiry date.
If the application is delayed for more than five years after the license expiry date, the applicant has to go through all the formalities to obtain new permission. So you need to renew your driving license in Delhi; this post shows the process.
Document required for driving license renewal in Delhi
Application for renewal of driving license should make to the Licensing Authority along with the following documents:
For Private License:
- Driving license
- Application Form No.2
- Form No.1 (Self Declaration of Physical Fitness for Non-Transport Vehicles) Or Form No. 1A (Medical certificate for transport vehicles only).
- Fees as prescribed, along with user charges
For Commercial License:
- The above documents required a private license
- Valid Medical Certificate in Form No.1A
- Driver Refresh Training Certificate in case of HMV.
- One day/short duration re-fresher training course for all other types of commercial vehicles.
How to apply online for the renewal of my driving license in Delhi?
If your driving license has expired and you want to renew your driving license in Delhi online, follow the below step:
- Go to the official Parivahan website.
- Select the Online Services menu.
- Then select driving-related services.
- Select from the tab Apply for DL Renewal.
- Now see the instructions and click on continue.
- Fill out this form and upload the required data.
- Enter your driving license number (if your driving license is not intelligent, get a smart driving license first)
- date of birth
- Now click on Proceed to show your driving license, confirm your details and, choose to renew your driving license, then generate a receipt print this receipt.
It would help if you visited the RTO or Transport Department office with your original driving license, Form No.9, Medical certificate, three copies of passport-size photographs and a receipt printer.
Pay the renewal driving license fee and submit your application. A few days later, you get your new driver’s license.
Offline renewal of driving license in Delhi
You can apply for offline driving license renewal in Delhi using the following steps.
- Visit the local RTO.
- Collect Form 9 and fill in all necessary information like your name, DL number, date of birth, etc.
- Collect all the essential documents and submit them with the duly filled and signed form.
- Pay the nominal fee to apply for DL renewal.
Steps to Check Driving License Renewal Status in Delhi
The authorities will start the process once you submit your application, needed documents and applicable fees. You may take some time to get your renewed driver’s license.
Generally, this process takes about 20 to 40 days, depending on the accuracy of your application and the documents provided. Meanwhile, you can track the DL renewal status in Delhi using the steps below.
- Visit Parivahan Portal.
- Click on the “Online Services” drop-down section and select “Driving License-Related Services”.
- Select “Delhi” from the “Select State Name” section.
- Click on “Application Status”.
- Fill in your date of birth and application number.
- Enter the captcha code given on the screen and click on “Submit”.
You can follow the same procedure using the Delhi Transport Department website. The option “Online Services for Driving License” will redirect you to the Parivahan portal, where you can follow the above steps.
Application Form for Renewal:
Application Form for Renewal of Driving License in Delhi Here are details of the application form for the renewal of my driving license.
- Application Form.
- Form No.1 (Self-declaration as to the physical fitness for Non-Transport Vehicles)
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate for Transport Vehicles only).
Grace period for driving license renewal
The grace period is 30 days after the expiry date of your driving license. The driving permit expires after 20 years. You will have to pay a higher fee if you do not renew within the grace period.
If the renewal application makes earlier than 30 days from the license’s expiry date or the renewal takes effect from its expiry date.
If the application had been made more than 30 days after the licence expiry date, the renewal should take effect from receipt of the correct application. In such cases, the fee is Rs. 30/- will realize.
Driving license fee in Delhi
If you want a smart card driving license, you pay an additional fee of Rs. 200. All driving license-related prices had shown below.
- Issuance of Learner’s License in Form 3 for each class of vehicle Rs. 150
- Learner’s license examination fee or re-examination fee, in case of Rs. 50
- For examination or re-examination, as the case may be,
- Driving capacity (for each class of vehicle) Rs. 300
- Issuance of Driving License Rs. 200
- Allocation of International Driving Permit Rs. 1000
- Adding another type of vehicle to the driving license will cost Rs. 500
- Approval or renewal of authority
- Vehicle carrying dangerous goods Rs. 100
- Driving License Renewal Rs. 200
- Renewal of driving license applied for after grace period Rs. 300
- Issuance or renewal of a permit to school or establishment For providing instruction in driving Rs. 10000
- Issuance of duplicate license to school or establishment For instructing conducting Rs. 5000
- Appeal against orders of Licensing Authority referred to in Rule 29 Rs. 500
The grace period is 30 days after your driving licence expiration date. The driving licence expires after 20 years.
The price for a renewed driving licence is Rs. 200.
Your driving license is valid for 20 years. So, if your DL is approaching or has already passed its expiry date, you must apply for renewal.
Yes, with relevant documentary evidence, you can change the details in your driving license while renewing it.