You can use online and offline processes if you want to renew your driving licence in Kerala. The RTO department of Kerala provided many easy ways to renew the licence. While driving, a driver’s licence is an essential document. Read this article to get detailed information.
- 1 Driving licence in Kerala:
Driving licence in Kerala:
A driving licence is essential for every Driver in every state, including Kerala. Before driving, getting a driver’s licence is vital as it is a permit for the Driver that can go on the roads. Every request has its expiry date. After its expiration date, you need to renew the licence.
The document is not valid after its expiration. So to get the validity, you must renew the licence. You can restore it both online and offline. This article has detailed information about its online and offline procedures, required documents, types of renewal, costs, etc.
How to renew my driving licence in Kerala?
If you want to renew your driving licence in Kerala, you can restore it online and offline. Compared to offline processes, the online process is straightforward. The online methods will complete fast compared to offline. You can follow the below steps to renew your Driver’s licence.
- Visit the nearest RTO office for your residence.
- Go to the officer and request a renewal form or form 9.
- Then fill out the form with your details correctly.
- Attach documents like an expired driver’s licence, form 1A, medical certificate, passport-size photos, age proof and address proof.
- Then pay Rs.200/- in the office to renew the application.
- You will get the updated licence after your verification.
- Firstly visit the official website.
- Then on the page, click on the ‘Online services’ option.
- Next, under that, click on the ‘Driving licence related services’ option on the screen.
- On the next page, you need to select the state from the drop-down menu as ‘Kerala‘.
- Now choose the RTO office location from where you want to renew.
- Next, you can see the ‘Apply online option; click on it.
- You can see the ‘Services on driving licence’ option from the drop-down menu. Click on that option.
- You must read the instructions and click on the ‘Continue’ option next.
- Now enter the details like the state etc., and click on the ‘proceed’ option.
- Confirm the details and click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- From the menu, select the services that you want to update.
- Now choose the ‘Renewal’ option. Enter all your details, make payments and click on ‘Confirm’ your application.
- You will get the acknowledgement slip, download it and take a printout.
Documents Required for Renew Driving Licence:
Documents required if you want to renew your Driving licence in Kerala are,
- Identity proof, e.g. aadhar card, voter id etc.
- Address proof like electricity bill, utility bill etc.
- Date of birth proof.
- Original DL
- Acknowledgement slip
- Form 1 or Form 1A
- Passport size photos
- Fee receipt copy
How to check the status of a Driver’s licence application?
After applying for a Driving licence in Kerala online or offline, you can check the status by following the below steps. They are,
- Visit the Parivahan RTO portal of Kerala in any browser.
- Select the ‘Driver’s licence related services’ on the homepage.
- Next, you need to select the state as Kerala and click on the ‘Application status’ option.
- You will redirect to the next page, where you must enter the application number, date of birth and verification code.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit’ to view the status.
While applying for the renewal of your Driving licence in Kerala, you need to pay the application fee. The fee varies for different categories. They are,
|Driving licence renewal for public vehicles||Rs. 450|
|Driving licence renewal for personal vehicles||Rs. 500|
|Renewal of licence after the grace period||Rs. 300|
|Renewal of Driver’s licence after one year of grace period||Rs. 1000|
|Getting a licence as a smart card||Rs. 200|
How to schedule an appointment online?
If you want to schedule the appointment online for a Driving licence in Kerala, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you need to visit the Parivahan official website the government provides.
- Then select ‘DL Services’ from the menu.
- Next, select the state as Kerala and click on the ‘Appointment’ option.
- Select the ‘Learning licence or Driver’s licence’ slot from the menu.
- Enter the licence application number, date of birth and verification code.
- Now click on the ‘Submit’ option and schedule your appointment date.
- A driving licence for a non-transport category is valid for up to 20 years or until the license holder turns 40 years.
- Driver’s licence in the transport category is valid for up to 5 years.
- Driver’s licence for driving vehicles carrying dangerous goods is valid for up to 3 years.
It will take one week to get an online permit and three weeks to get a hard copy.
Yes, you can apply for renewal of your Driver’s licence in Kerala from outside of Kerala by using online.
Yes, there is an application fee for renewal, and the cost varies for different categories.
Yes, we can use it for renewal by paying an additional Rs.1000.