- 1 About PM Kisan Credit Card
- 2 Benefits of PM Kisan Credit Card
- 3 Eligibility for Kisan Credit Card
- 4 Documents Required for PM Kisan Credit Cards
- 5 Application Process for Kisan Credit Card
- 6 PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
- 7 Application process through PM Kisan Website
- 8 PM Kisan Credit Card Helpline Numbers
About PM Kisan Credit Card
PM Kisan Credit Card is a scheme initiated by the Government of India. This scheme is for farmers to borrow money as loans with low interest from banks. Kisan Credit Card introduced in the year 1998 by the banks of India.
This scheme aims to provide term loans for agriculture needs to farmers. R V Gupta Committee recommended preparing the program to National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). The official website for PM Kisan Credit Card Click Here. Farmers can visit the site for any queries related to Kisan Credit Card.
PM Kisan Credit Cards are easy and straightforward to get loans for small and marginal farmers for their agriculture-related activities. From the year 2019, the PM Kisan Credit Cards are given to Fisheries and animal husbandry farmers also. PM Kisan Credit Cards are provided in two types to farmers, as Cash credit and Term credit. For organized activities as pump sets, land development, plantation, and drip irrigation, Term credit given.
The institutes giving Credit Cards to farmers are commercial banks, regional rural banks, and state co-operative banks. There is an insurance facility for Credit Cardholders of Rs 50,000 for death and permanent disability and Rs 25,000 for other risks.
The objective of PM Kisan Credit Card Yojana is to meet agricultural expenses. Poor farmers can avail of a loan to increase their farmyard also. The validity of the credit card loan is five years, and the investment of up to 3 Lakhs with 7% interest. 3% of interest is returned to the farmer if he pays the loan on the due date.
Benefits of PM Kisan Credit Card
- Farmers with this Credit Card, no need to apply for a loan for every crop
- Farmer burden on interests reduces by the credit card
- Farmers can buy seeds, fertilizers of his choice at any time.
- Farmers can also get dealer discounts by using PM Kisan Credit Cards.
- With this PM Kisan, Credit Card farmers can avail loans, and no one will refuse to give loans.
- Every bank in India will give Kisan CreditCard loans to the farmers
Eligibility for Kisan Credit Card
- All the farmers and tenant farmers are into agriculture or associated with any crop production eligible for PM Kisan CreditCard.
- Farmers of single or joint borrowers are eligible.
- The age of farmers should be between 18 years to 75 years to apply for KCC. For the above 60 years of aged farmers, co-applicant is mandatory.
- Self Help and Joint Liability group farmers are eligible to apply.
- Fishermen and farmers involved in animal husbandry are also eligible.
Documents Required for PM Kisan Credit Cards
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID card/Passport/Driving License
- Any other government-approved photo ID
- Utility Bills as Address Proof
- Filled Application form
- If the loan amount is high, farmers have to mortgage the land to banks.
Application Process for Kisan Credit Card
Farmers can apply by visiting the preferred bank website like SBI, Axis Bank, Punjab National Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Bank of India, HDFC Bank, etc.
After opening the website search for “Apply KCC,” download the application form and take a printout.
Fill the form with the required details completely.
After filling submit the application form to the nearest branch of the bank.
In the bank, the Loan Officer will review the application form and issue a reference number to the farmer.
Farmers have to save the reference number for future use.
After sanction of loan the KCC will dispatch to the farmer.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
According to Budget 2020, the government took a significant step in making institutional credits more accessible to farmers. The Indian government is merging the Kisan Credit Card and with Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme. The beneficiaries of Kisan Samman Nidhi are also eligible for Kisan creditcard, for which the farmers avail loans of 4% for their farming.
Application process through PM Kisan Website
- Farmers apply for the Kisan Credit Card by visiting the Official Website.
- On the home page, there is the “Download KCC form option,” click on that.
- Application form in PDF will appear, download and take a printout of the form.
- Fill the application form with the required details.
- Submit the application form, which filled to the nearest bank with all the other required documents.
- After submitting the form and completing all the formalities bank will issue a creditcard for the farmer.
Loan Application online Form Click Here
Kisan Credit Card Links for Application from Top Banks
Due to Covid-19, the farmers can avail moratorium for six months. RBI announced that farmers could use 10% of the credit cash for their household needs.
The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a free credit of RS 2 Lakh Crores for the benefit of 2.5 crore farmers all over India through KCC.
PM Kisan Credit Card Helpline Numbers
Toll-Free – 1800 115 526
Tolled Helpline Number – 0120-6025109/155261
Help desk Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org