Aadhaar Card, the unique identification number issued by the government of India and treated as a universal identification code. Aadhaar used instead of other ID proofs like voter card, ration card, PAN, and passport.
In Aadhaar the details like name, DOB, permanent residential address, gender, professional and marital status. People can also update name, phone number, address, and can change the date of birth on the Aadhaar card.
How to change the date of birth in Aadhaar card?
We can change the date of birth in Aadhaar card through online and offline methods.
Change the Date of Birth in Aadhaar Through Online
- People who want to update or change the date of birth in Aadhaar card must be already have registered his/her mobile number linked to Aadhaar. So that while doing the updating and correction OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number.
- UIDAI made it simple for everyone who wants to change the date of birth in Aadhaar by the online portal.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI to change the DOB.
- On the home page click on the Update Aadhaar details in Aadhaar Online Services.
- A new Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal will open.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar card number, Captcha code, and click on the Send OTP.
- OTP will be sent to a mobile number, enter the OTP in the given box, and log in to the Aadhaar account.
- Select Date of birth for Aadhaar card correction online.
- Now correct the details and click on the submit option.
- Select the valid proof of identification and upload the required documents for verification.
- Finally select the BPO service provider to complete the update request. Now the BPO provider will verify all the documents uploaded.
- URN (Update Request Number) will be received and make note of that to track the status of the update.
There is another option to change the date of birth in Aadhaar by visiting the nearest enrolment center.
- People have to visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on the Update Aadhaar at Enrolment/Update Center option.
- Search for the nearest enrolment centers by entering postal code and state name.
- Now select the state, sub-district, district, and city/village/town, also enter the Captcha code for verification, and click on the locate center.
- A page opens where we can find all the Aadhaar enrolment centers, visit the nearest center to change the DOB.
- Take the DOB proof and original Aadhaar card and if having to carry the DOB certificate in this regard.
- Fill the correction/changes to be made for the DOB information in the Update Aadhaar Card form. Click here for the form
- An enrolment center official takes the biometric information to verify the identity.
- Need to pay Rs 25 as processing fee and will an acknowledge slip is given by the official.
- The slip will have the URN number to track the status of the update request.
Previously updated Date of Birth in my Aadhaar. Is that possible to update/change/correct it again?
No, we cannot. A person can update or change the date of birth in Aadhaar card only once.
How to change date of birth in Aadhaar card without proof?
Proof of identity is must and cannot apply without the birth proof or birth certificate.