The Government of West Bengal launched the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme so that students belonging to economically backward classes of society can get scholarship assistance after getting scholarship registration under this scheme.
Eligible beneficiaries are students starting from 9th to 12th standard. Today, this article will provide information about the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023, like purpose, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, important documents, etc.
We will share with you how to apply online for this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
- 1 Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023:
- 1.0.1 Objectives of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 1.0.2 Class/Degree Wise Minimum Marks Cut Off:
- 1.0.3 Course Wise Scholarship Ranges:
- 1.0.4 Benefits of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 1.0.5 Features of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme:
- 1.0.6 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.0.7 Important Documents for SVMCM Scholarship:
- 1.0.8 The process to Apply Online under Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 1.0.9 Grievance Requests:
- 1.0.10 Steps to check the Application Status of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- 1.0.11 Important Downloads:
- 1.0.12 Getting Contact Details:
- 1.0.13 FAQs:
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023:
The Government of West Bengal launched the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship to provide scholarship assistance in the form of educational services so that they can capture the interest of such students who wish to prepare for higher education but are unable to due to financial constraints.
Now all students pursuing post-matric classes and some polytechnic courses from 12th to UG degree can avail of scholarship amounts ranging from Rs 1000/- to Rs 5,000/- per year under Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
This scholarship had awarded to students residing in West Bengal whose annual income must equal Rs 2.50/- lakh.
Objectives of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
The main objective of launching the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme is to provide a portal or interface through which students belonging to economically backward classes can get financial assistance for their higher studies. It is possible only after securing good marks in their previous year’s examination.
Another objective of starting the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is to promote the literacy rate among students in classes 9 to 12. It is the stage where we need to be serious about our careers. Millions of students can fulfil their dreams of pursuing higher education.
Class/Degree Wise Minimum Marks Cut Off:
The minimum marks required for classes or degrees are as follows:-
|Class of Degree||Minimum Marks Required|
|PG Degree||53% to 55%|
Course Wise Scholarship Ranges:
The rate of scholarship is as follows:-
|UG (Commerce)||Rs. 1000/-|
|UG (Arts)||Rs. 1,000/-|
|UG (Science)||Rs. 1500 /-|
|UG in Professional Courses||Rs. 1500/-|
|PG (Commerce)||Rs. 2000/-|
|PG (Arts)||Rs. 2000/-|
|PG (Science)||Rs. 2500/-|
|PG (Engineering)||Rs. 5000/-|
|PG in Professional Courses||Rs. 2500/-|
|Class 12th||Rs. 1000/-|
|Polytechnic Courses||Rs. 1500/-|
|UG (Engineering)||Rs. 5000/-|
|UG (Medical Courses)||Rs. 5000/-|
Benefits of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students from economically backward families can get scholarship assistance through educational aid.
- Students studying 12th standard had also considered eligible for financial assistance under the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme.
- Millions of students can get scholarships to pursue higher education.
- Students had awarded variable scholarships.
- Financial assistance of Rs 1000/- is provided to the students following Bachelor’s Degrees in the field of Commerce.
- The scholarship amount is Rs 1500/- in the form of financial assistance and support for students following polytechnic courses.
- Rs 5,000/- for students pursuing or undertaking a UG degree in the medical field or stream.
- Renewal of the scholarship is possible after the submission of relevant documents.
- Students should apply online for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship before the last date.
- Previous year exam marks will serve as the selection criteria.
Features of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme:
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- The State Government of West Bengal has launched Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
- They had established beneficiary categories for the selection of an eligible beneficiary.
- Students following PG courses from class 11 onwards are considered eligible for the scholarship amount.
- Students should have secured 50% to 60% marks in the previous year’s examination.
- Students who need to apply for the scholarship renewal form should submit the mark sheet of the previous year’s examination.
- The scholarship amount is Rs. 1,000/- awarded to students following UG degrees in the Arts field.
- 12th standard students Rs. 1000/- is given or offered as scholarships.
- Rs 2500/- is awarded to students following an MSc degree.
- Students from fields like Arts, Commerce, Science and Medical are covered to provide scholarships.
- Apply online for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship before the last date.
- For more information, one can visit the official website.
To get online registration under this scholarship, students must meet the mentioned-below eligibility criteria:-
- The student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal. Applicant must belong to the EBC community.
- The annual income of the beneficiary’s parents must be Rs 2.50/- lakhs.
- 11th, 12th class, diploma and UG degree students should score at least 75 per cent marks.
- Students pursuing a PG degree must maintain a minimum of 55% marks.
Important Documents for SVMCM Scholarship:
Some of the essential documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- DOB certificate
- Bank accounts details
- Annual Income Certificate
- Class 10th passing certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Active Mobile number for receiving OTPs
- Working Email Id for future reference
The process to Apply Online under Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
To get online registration under this scholarship, applicants need to follow the below-mentioned points:-
- First of all, you need to visit and open the official website of this portal
- Then you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the Registration button.
- A new page will display on your screen.
- Read the instructions given on this page.
- Now put a checkmark on the declaration line.
- Then click on the button to proceed with registration.
- See categories.
- Then click on the button to apply for a new application.
- It will display a registration form on your screen.
- Fill out the form carefully after reading each column carefully.
- Now click on the register button.
- In this way, you will get online registration to the portal.
Applicants have to follow the below-mentioned points for complaints in the portal:-
- For complaints, you have to visit the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Click on the button for Grievance Registration.
- it will show a new page on your screen.
- See under the Applicant Submission of Complaints section.
Steps to check the Application Status of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
To check the application Status, you can directly click on this Official Website:
Applicants should follow the below-mentioned points to download the essential files in the portal:-
- Visit SVMCM’s official website.
- Then you will land on the homepage.
- Now click on the Downloads tab.
- After clicking, it will show three options: Income Certificate, Usage Index, and User Manual for Non-Net.
- Click on any link as per your choice.
- Then it will show the PDF file of this link on your screen.
- Click on the download button to the right of the displayed PDF file.
Getting Contact Details:
To get the contact details in the portal, applicants should follow mentioned points below:-
- You must open this scholarship’s official website to get the contact details.
- Now you can see the homepage.
- Click on the Contacts tab.
- A new page will be displayed showing the relevant contact details.
- Now you can see the contact details according to your choice.
SVMCM Contact Information:
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, you may contact this mentioned below helpline number and email Ids:-
Helpline No:- 1800 102 8014
The scholarship amount ranges from INR 12,000 per annum to INR 60,000 per annum.
Vivekananda scholarship 2023 can be availed by students studying in regular mode of classes 11 and 12, UG students, and PG students, provided they can produce the required documents and their family income is 2,50,000 per annum or below.
Students who get admission to technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarships. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation levels.
The main objective of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students of the state. Now the students of West Bengal who cannot afford their fees can continue their education as the government is going to finance their education.