Master of Chirurgiae (General Surgery) is the complete form of the MCH Degree, which comes from the Latin word Magister Chirugiae. After a Master of Surgery, the Master Chirurgiae (MCH) is an exclusive postgraduate/doctoral degree.
This degree equips an individual with technical knowledge of complicated surgical procedures. The course aims at junior doctors and clinical workers and is available as a postgraduate course worldwide.
Universities use seminars, long-term placements, support programs, study advisers, research projects and dissertations, and other tools to prepare students for ICUs, operating rooms, and emergency and trauma care careers.
What is an MCH degree?
It is the highest master’s degree in Surgical Science. Because graduates need to operate in a challenging setting, it contains many studies and practical instruction.
The MCh degree is the ideal one to pursue. In this article, you can get more details about the course. Read this page if you recently completed your MS in Surgery and want to learn more about the discipline.
MCH Degree Duration
A person must have at least an MS degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. For pursuing an MCH degree in several nations, including India, MS is mandatory.
For an MBBS graduate, the degree duration is five years; for an MD graduate is three years.
As we all know, there are some conditions that a student needs to satisfy to take the course. So, we are giving the eligibility conditions for the Degree.
Hence, check the following conditions carefully to enrol on the course. The requirements are as follows.
- The student should complete SMC/MCI registration.
- They must qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Super Speciality courses.
- Foreign candidates don’t need to register under the MCI(Medical Council of India).
- While attending the NEET-SS, the candidates must carry the admit card and one government ID proof.
Documents Required For MCH Degree:
Admission to MCh is through the NEET SS- NEET Super Speciality entrance exam. However, those interested in AIIMS and JIPMER should take their entrance exams.
The National Board of Examinations conducts the NEET SS Exam every year. The management assigns seats to candidates based on their exam scores.
The documents that are necessary for the Admission process are as follows.
- MBBS or MS degree certificate.
- NEET SS Result.
- MCI registration document.
- Any valid ID Proof.
So, please carry these documents during the admission process.
Different Specializations in MCH Degree:
Students pursuing an MCH degree must choose a specialization. The Universities will assign the courses to the candidates based on the selected field.
So they can complete the course in their own chosen field. The following is the list of popular specializations in the MCH Degree.
- Neurosurgery is one of the most demanding specializations in Medicine and Surgery, requiring a high level of knowledge. Neurosurgery is a medical speciality focusing on the surgical treatment of the brain, spine, and nerves.
- Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery is a course that deals with the surgeries of the organs in the Thorax.
- Plastic Surgery focuses on changing physical characteristics and restoring or reconstructing the human body. There are two types of plastic Surgery: cosmetic Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Pediatric Surgery is for infants, fetuses, children, and adolescents.
- Urology focuses on male and female urinary tract illnesses and the male reproductive system.
These are some of the essential specializations in the MCH Degree.
What entrance exams are available for the students to get into MCH Degree?
The entrance exams allowing students to get admission into an MCH degree are as follows. NEET-SS, MCAT & UCAT are the entrance exams for degree admissions in India and abroad.
To apply for the NEET-SS entrance examination, visit the official website of NEET-SS. You can find more information on the NEET SS official website.
4,50,000 – 8,00,000 PA.
Master of Chirurgiae or MCh is a specialized and most advanced postdoctoral/ doctoral degree in Surgery.
After completing an MCh degree, you are qualified to take up surgical assignments in ICUs, medical care centres, and emergency care.