- 1 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.1 Objectives – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.2 Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.3 Required Documents Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme
- 1.4 Working of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.5 STT-Short Term Training of PMKVY
- 1.6 Special Projects of PMKVY
- 1.7 PMKVY Recognition of Prior Learning
- 1.8 Standard Boarding and Communication
- 1.9 Available Sectors in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.10 Process of Registering for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.11 Details of Placement data of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.12 How to find a PMKVY training center?
- 1.13 Procedure to see the target allocation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- 1.14 Recognition of Prior Learning details (PMKVY)
- 1.15 Helpline
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was started in 2015 by the honorable Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi, which helps the country’s unemployed youth by providing all the skills and training required. Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneur (MSDE). Eligible people must submit the PMKVY Registration form and also do Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme online application by visiting the official website of pmkvyofficial.org.
Since we all know that unemployment is the major issue in India due to different reasons like financial problems, they do not have enough skills, not have the required training of their interests, etc. To overcome all the problems, Pradhan Mantri Vikas Yojana has started.
It is Benefit to 10 million youth over four years (2016-2020) with a budget of 12,000 crores, and the target is to one crore in the following year. It is the free government that would bear the cost of training.
Objectives – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- It is a skill certification scheme to make many Indian youths take up industry-relevant skill training to better their livelihood.
- Individuals with prior learning experience (or) skills will also be assisted and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Especially to ensure that those Indian youth who are out- the formal skill training mechanism to carry on their life better by giving /helping them acquire the relevant skills and giving the certification associated with those skills.
- These are implemented by NSDC – National Skills Development Corporation under the guidance of MSDE- Ministry of skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is
- Must be an Indian Citizen
- Should have a basic knowledge of Hindi and English languages
- Only available for those who are unemployed and have no source of income
- Students who completed their studies only up to SSC /12th also have an opportunity to this scheme.
Required Documents Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme
- Aadhar card
- Identity Card
- Voter ID
- Bank account and passbook
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
Working of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
There are different key concepts in working on this scheme.
- STT-Short Term Training
- Special Projects
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Placement assistance
- Standard Boarding and Communication
STT-Short Term Training of PMKVY
- It is expected to benefit the candidate of Indian nationality who are either school/college dropouts (OR) Unemployed.
- To those, the training is provided by the scheme – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana according to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- It also provides training in soft skills.
- The duration of the course (varies) around 150-300 hours
Special Projects of PMKVY
- The Pradhan Mantri Vikas yojana has chosen this method to encourage training in special areas related to Government, corporate/Industrial fields.
- It will also provide training for certain specific job roles that are not considered under National Occupational Standards (NOS).
PMKVY Recognition of Prior Learning
It is a program to assist and certify individuals who are already skilled in a particular job/field.
According to National Skills Qualification Framework, individuals under RPL Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Scheme 2016-2020 are certified with the grade.
Project Implementing Agencies (PIA) offers those courses that act as a bridge to fill in the gaps between the individuals’ knowledge and skills.
Standard Boarding and Communication
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas yojana’s training centers shall do promotional activities conducted at their centers on various social media platforms under the guidelines provided.
The courses offered are three months, six months, or maybe up to 1 year, depending upon the individual’s course.
The government will pay around 8 thousand on behalf of the individual to the courses chosen under this scheme-Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
After completing the training, the assessment agency, which the SSC approves, will evaluate you by conducting the assessment. If you clear the test, you will provide a skill card and a government certificate, which is valid throughout the country; if you don’t clear the test, you can reapply for the assessment as many times as you want. The evaluation fee is to be paid by the individual on their own.
Available Sectors in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The sectors that are available for training under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas yojana are-
- Aerospace and aviation
- Beauty and Wellness
- Capital Goods
- Chemical and Petrol
- Domestic workers
- Food processing
- Furniture and Fittings
- Gem and Jewellery
- Green jobs
- Health care
- Infrastructure Equipment
- Iron and Steel
- Life sciences
- Media and Entertainment
- Paints and Coatings
- Tourism and Hospitalization
Depending on these sectors, there are several subsectors and 32000 training partners, and 40 training areas under the scheme- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
Process of Registering for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- First, go to the official website by the link – pmkvyofficial.org and fill the PMKVY Registration form.
- After that, you will be directed to a home page of their site, as shown below.
- Here on this page, you can also give a quick look at Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana’s description and the courses, training centers details.
- You can the “Quick links” on the above home page click on the link. It will display the options available choose “Skill India.”
- When we go with skill India, it will be redirected to another page where it shows the options Register as Training Provider and Register as a Candidate.
- Click “Register as a Candidate”
- Then you will be again redirected to another page choose “I want to skill Myself.” it will appear new page having a PMKVY Registration form to apply.
- Fill in certain details like Name, Date of Birth, Email, Mobile Number, Educational Details, Location, Preferences (Field of study), Job role, Program name, etc.
- After filling in, all the details, check the declaration box and click on submit.
- Now PMKVY registration form filling process is completed.
Details of Placement data of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- First, go to the official site pmkvyofficial.org.
- Click on the “Placements” tab that is on the top of the site home page
- By clicking, another page will appear.
- Fill in the details by entering it will automatically display all the details that are related to the placements.
How to find a PMKVY training center?
- Visit the official site – pmkvyofficial.org.
- Click on “Find a training center, “opens a new tab.
- You can search either by selecting sector/job role/location and click on submit.
- Training centers of the location will appear.
Procedure to see the target allocation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Visit the official site – pmkvyofficial.org.
- Click on the “Target allocation.”
- Fill in the TP name or Tc name / you can either search by location and fill in the details, then click submit. The relevant details will display on the screen.
Recognition of Prior Learning details (PMKVY)
As we know that under this scheme- Prime Minister Skill Development Scheme they will also provide certificates which are having prior knowledge in any particular field
- To know the details further and process to register, First visit the official site – pmkvyofficial.org.
- You can see a Recognition of Prior Learning tab as shown.
- You will see the above new tab; now click on INTERESTED TO PARTICIPATE; it follows.
- You can find a center or a batch by filling in the details of sector, job role, state, district. Then click on submit.
- All the necessary details will display on the screen.
For clarification on the scheme- PMKVY and its related issues like skill Development – you can contact
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free number: 1800-123-9626.