The government of Andhra Pradesh wants to start YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Scheme on September 1st, 2020.
According to this scheme, the government wants to provide nutritious food to pregnant women, nursing their children and infant children from 6 months to 6 years. The government selected 77 scheduled and tribal sub-plan mandals to implement the scheme.
Another scheme YSR Sampoorna Poshana also implemented for the other remaining areas of the state. For both schemes, the government is spending around Rs 1863 crore.
55607 Anganwadi centres cover nearly 30 Lakh women and children for the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme, and 47287 Anganwadi centres cover 27 Lakh women and children for the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Scheme.
- 1 How to Apply for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
Benefits of YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
- With this scheme, pregnant women, new mothers, and children will get nutritious food irrespective of their health condition.
- This scheme addresses underweight complications in most children.
- Nearly 3 Lakh tribal women and children were covered by 77 tribal mandals by 8320 Anganwadi centres.
- Children from 6 months to 3 years, new mothers, and pregnant women will get a nutrition diet.
- Children from 3 years to 6 years will get eggs and milk under the scheme.
- The AP government is spending Rs 1100 per month on pregnant women of tribal and Rs 553 per month on children’s diets in tribal areas.
- To implement the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme, the state government allocated Rs 308 crore budget.
- For areas other than tribal, the YSR Sampoorna Poshana scheme was implemented.
- The scheme will benefit nearly 27 Lakh pregnant women, new mothers, and children.
- The budget for this scheme is Rs 1555 crore, and 47287 Anganwadi centres are allocated to cover women and children.
- The government spends Rs 850 monthly on new mothers’ and pregnant women’s diets in plain areas.
- For children, the government spends Rs 412, and for infants, Rs 350 per month for their diet.
- Before, the scheme covered only anaemic-conditioned women and children. Still, now YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus covers all the poor people.
Implementation Agency for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
The state government implemented the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus. But the scheme is implemented by the Integrated Tribal Development Agency and District Women and Children Development Authority with the coordination of the Project Director.
How to Apply for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
- There is no application process for the scheme. The Anganwadi workers from different Anganwadi Centers will take up a survey to enrol all the eligible children and women.
- Anganwadi workers will reach even the most deserving populations in hilltops, hard-to-reach locations, and inaccessible areas.
- All pregnant women, new mothers, and children from 6 months to 6 years must register in Common Application Software (CAS) to monitor service delivery by the AP Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme.
- The details like Date of birth, gender at the time of registration in Anganwadi Center, and children’s monthly height and weight records must be entered correctly in Common Application Software.
Safety Measures Taken Under the Scheme
- Al the Anganwadi Centers must maintain the calibrated scales, height scales and adult and children weighing scales in proper working condition.
- Every child’s growth in height and weight should be monitored at Anganwadi centres every month.
- Anganwadi workers coordinating ASHA and ANM workers should undergo the medical examination of all SUW/SAM/MAM children by medical officers.
- PHC to detect any underlying causes for malnutrition, medical complications, or illness, for prescribing treatment, and dispensing medicines like antibiotics, calcium/iron/vitamin/zinc supplementation/folic acid, and deworming medicines when needed and refer to the Nutritional Rehabilitation Center/hospitals/appropriate facilities or specialists if necessary.
- The Anganwadi worker or supervisor must provide the SUW/SAM/MAM children list to ASHA/ANM/MO (PHC).
- After children are discharged from NRC should be monitored at their homes, Anganwadi workers must educate the parents and family of the child to ensure clean surroundings, appropriate feeding, sanitation and clean, personal hygiene, and safe drinking water.
- Children under SUW/SAM/MAM weight should be monitored every week.
- Pregnant women’s weight must be monitored monthly at Anganwadi centres and recorded in CAS.
- According to the protocol, Anganwadi workers coordinating ASHA and ANM must go for Anti-natal checkups, provide IFA tablets, and administer deworming to pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Per Poshan Abhiyaan, community-based events should be organized at Anganwadi centres to create awareness and sensitize pregnant women and mothers of children up to 2 years on health, nutrition, and child care to strengthen positive practices for survival, growth, and development of the children.
List of 77 Mandals for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
Food Model Approved Under the Scheme
For Children 6 months to 3 years, Take Home ration
- Daily 1 Egg for one month
- 200 ml milk daily for one month
- 100gm Balamrutham for 25 days
Children from 3 years to 6 years Feed at the Anganwadi centre
- Hot cooked meal for 25 days (Rice 75gms, Dal 15gms, Oil 5gm, Vegetables 25gm)
- Daily one egg for 25 days
- 200 ml milk for 25 days
- Daily Payasam/Biscuit/cake/laddu for 25 days
For pregnant women and new mothers, feed at Anganwadi centres & Take home ration
- Hot cooked meal for 25 days (Rice 125gms, Dal 30gms, Oil 16gm, Vegetables 50gm)
- Daily one egg for 25 days
- 200 ml milk for 25 days
- Millet, protein, iron, and energy-based nutrition weekly as a take-home ration
- 1st week: Multigrain Atta/Wheat flour (2kg)
- 2nd week: Groundnut chikki (500gm)
- 3rd week: Ragi flour/wheat flour (500gm) & Jaggery (500gm)
- 4th week: Til Laddu (500gm)