Eyes Donation means donating a person’s eyes after death for transplantation with the family’s consent. “The Eye is the Window to the world; at the same time, it is the window of the soul,” Shakespeare said.
- 1 Instructions to donate Eyes after death online:
- 2 Eye Donation Pledge:
Instructions to donate Eyes after death online:
- Please fill out the pledge form and send it to any of the nearest eye banks for eye donation. We register you as an Eye donor and provide you with a Donor Card.
- Spread awareness & information about the Donation of eyes. These words add value to the movement of eye donation.
- While donating the eye of the deceased, do remember to
- Call the nearest Eye Bank within 6 hours of the Person’s death.
- Switch off the fans and keep the cooler or air conditioner
- Raise your head. Keep a pillow under the head.
- Keep wet cotton swabs on closed eyes.
Everybody Should Know:
- The cornea is the clear tissue it covers the front of the Whole eye.”
- If the cornea becomes cloudy from injury, disease, infection or poor nutrition, the vision has dramatically reduced or lost.”
- Corneal blindness can treat by replacing the damaged cornea with a healthy, donated human cornea. The human cornea can produce through the Donation of an eye.”
- Corneal blindness affects young adults and children with a long life forward.”
- Though we trained hospital facilities and highly qualified surgeons to do the transplant, we don’t have enough eye tissues to do the surgeries.”
- In our country, 11 Lakh blind people are waiting for corneal transplantation, and nearly 25,000 new cases will come to report.
- One Person’s eye donation can give sight to two corneal blind people.”
Age limit for Eyes donation:
There is no age limit for donating the eye. All one needs to do is give their eyes by taking a pledge to donate them after death.
Eyes Donation Banks:
Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI): It is a national organization acting as a resource centre for all eye banks and organizations involved in the eye donation movement. The main objective of EBAI is to increase the collection of eyes.
- Address: Plot No.12, Road No. 14, BNR Colony, Venkat Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034
- Phone Numbers: 91 40 2354 5454, 4504
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Eye Bank Association of India
|Monday||9 am – 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||9 am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 5:30 pm|
Eye Donation Pledge:
In the hope that I may help others, I make this gift, if medically acceptable, to take effect upon my death. The submission in the form indicates my desires. I give my eyes for transplantation, medical research or education.
Eyes Donation Procedure:
Facts about Eye donation:
- The Eyes can donate after one’s death.
- Eyes have to remove within 4 to 6 hours after death.
- The donor need not take to the eye bank.
- The entire procedure of eye removal does not delay the funeral, as it takes only 20-30 minutes.
- People of any age can donate their eyes.
Who can be an Eye donor?
Anyone from the age of 1 year can donate. There is no maximum age limit. Even people who wear contact lenses or spectacles for short or long-sightedness or who have had their eyes operated on, diabetics and hypertensive individuals can donate their eyes.
Eye Donation Helpline Number:
India’s helpline number for eye banks is 1919, toll-free and available 24×7.
Best Eye Donation Slogans:
- Useless to Dead, Priceless to Blind
- Make Your Eyes Alive After Death
- Light Up a Life, Donate Your Eyes
- Seeing Is Believing, Please Donate!
- Let others see the world as you did
- Let Someone See the Beauty Through Our Eyes
- Lighten the Blind Eyes – Brighten the Blind Lives
- Let your eyes change someone’s life; let’s donate eyes.
- Give The Sight Gift and See a Whole New Light
A person with Rabies, Tetanus, AIDS, Jaundice, Cancer, Hepatitis B or C, Gangrene, Septicemia, Meningitis, encephalitis, Acute Leukemia, Cholera, Food poisoning or death due to drowning cannot donate their eyes.
About two hours after death, the cornea becomes hazy or cloudy, turning progressively more opaque over the next day or two. It obstructs the view of the lens and the back of the eye.
Lung – 4 to 6 hours. Heart – 4 hours. Liver – 24 hours. Pancreas – 24 hours.
By donating your eyes, you’re passing on the gift of sight to two more people.
No, Donation from living persons is not accepted.