Recently, the All India Council for Technical Education released a notification regarding Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme(PMSSS). The applications are open for 2023 for eligible candidates. This scheme is to empower students of Jammu & Kashmir. Students can apply for this Scholarship by following the instruction below.
- 1 Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme(PMSSS):
- 1.0.1 Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.0.2 How to apply for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme:
- 1.0.3 Required Documents:
- 1.0.4 Scholarship Award Money:
- 1.0.5 PMSSS Selection Process:
- 1.0.6 Contact Details:
- 1.0.7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 1.0.8 Related Posts:
Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme(PMSSS):
Every student’s basic right is to get a quality education. To help with the student’s education, the All India Council for Technical Education announced Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. Through this scheme, Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh region students get a scholarship for Undergraduation. The Undergraduate colleges must not be from Indian Union Territory.
12th standard Jammu & Kashmir State Board and CBSE students can apply for this Scholarship. Students can get funds for fees and college maintenance. Through this scheme, many students can be free from the financial burden of higher studies education. Check this article to learn about its application procedure, eligibility, requirements, etc.
|Scheme name||J&K Prime Minisetr’s Special Scholarship Scheme|
|Organization||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Eligibility||Jammu & Kashmir 12th standard students of J&K State board and CBSE|
|Scholarship value||Rs. 50,000/-|
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
Students must meet the eligibility criteria given by the council to apply for J&K Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. They are,
- The student must be a permanent resident of Jammu&Kashmir, and Ladakh.
- Students qualified in national exams like NEET, JEE, and CLAT can also apply.
- Students must be 12th-standard students from the J&K State board or CBSE.
- They must complete their 10+3 Diploma in J&K and Ladakh region.
- You can only apply for colleges in Jammu & Kashmir, and Ladakh.
- The family income of students must be less than Rs. 8 Lakh.
- The students must at least cross the minimum age.
How to apply for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme:
Follow the below steps to apply for J&K Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. You can apply online.
- Visit the official website of AICTE.
- On the homepage, you can see all the applications. Click on the ‘PMSSS 2022-23 registration’ link.
- Now click on the ’12th Registration (2022-2023)’ icon.
- Enter all your details to register. Create a username and password.
- After filling it out, click on the ‘Register’ option.
- Then sign in to your account on the website using your username and password.
- After signing in, fill out the application form with your details.
- Finally, click ‘Submit’ t submit the form.
Required documents to apply for J&K Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme are,
- Aadhar card
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th standard.
- Domicile certificate of J&K
- Income certificate
- Diploma certificate
- Passport-size photo.
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Scholarship Award Money:
The AICTE gave scholarship amounts based on the student’s education stream. The amount varies from course to course. The Scholarship award money from Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme is,
|Scholarship for stream||No.of scholarships||Amount|
|General Degree Study||2070||Rs. 30,000|
|Engineering/ Nursing/Agriculture||2830||Rs. 1,50,000|
|Medical- MBBS/BAMS/BDS/BHMS||300||Rs. 3,00,000|
PMSSS Selection Process:
The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Student undergoes the following steps in the selection process.
- Online application and submission: First and foremost step is to apply for the scheme and submit the application.
- Document verification and choice filling: In these steps, all the student’s documents submitted during the application get verified. The choice filling is available only if verification is completed.
Online counselling and Seat allocation:
- The entire counselling for the seat is done online.
- Applications are given only to students who completed their online counselling. You can also select your college through online counselling.
- After counselling, the students in their online accounts are given a list. Login to check the list.
- The Scholarship is given to the students who only select the colleges from the list.
- Finally, after the process merit list is released. Students can check their online accounts and mail.
Regarding the issues about Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme, you can contact them by the below ways.
- Phone number: 011-26131576-78,80
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
No, this special Scholarship is only for Jammu & Kashmir, and Ladakh students.
No, you cannot edit the details once you submit your application.
The Scholarship funds vary from course to course. It ranges between rs. 30,000 – rs. 3,00,000.
Yes, the entire application and selection of this scheme are online.