About YSR Bheema Scheme
YSR Bheema Scheme introduces by the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Formerly this scheme was Chandranna Bheema Yojana. The ysr bheema scheme’s main objective is to provide reassurance for the unorganized worker’s families in case of disability or death of the worker.
According to India’s statistics, Andhra Pradesh is one of the states with a large number of accidents.
Due to accidents, death, or disability of the unorganized worker leads to hardship for the family. They will lose the earnings or other expenses relating to the accident.
The government wants to provide accident disability and death insurance as social security for the worker’s family. The government is also providing social security to the working families even in case of natural death.
The AP government already implemented social security scheme for the transport drivers on a working experience and pilot basis.
Now want to extend the scheme to all the unorganized AP workers with some modifications that include disability coverage.
YSR Bheema Features
- All the unorganized workers from 18 to 70 years are eligible for the registration and enrolled as the scheme’s beneficiaries.
- Under the Unorganized Social Security Act 2008, all the unorganized workers enrolled are the YSR Bheema Scheme beneficiaries.
- Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty promotes the registration and enrollment in the YSR Bima Scheme of the unorganized workers, maintenance of the database, data entry, hard copies of signed applications, and other connected matters.
- Labour Department, Assistant Labour Officer, will be the Registering Authority.
- The registered workers also enrolled as members under State Accident Death and Disability Scheme, which also comes under Aam Admi Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Benefits of YSR Bheema Scheme
- The eligible workers get Rs 5 Lakh for Accident Death and Rs 2.25 Lakh for Total Disability from the Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs 75000 under Aam Admi Bima Yojana, and Rs 2 Lakh from Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- For Partial disability, workers get up to Rs 362500, Rs 2.25 Lakh from State Accident Death and Disability scheme, Rs 37500/- from Aam Admi Bima Yojana Rs 1 Lakh from PMSBY.
- Workers with natural death will get Rs 30000 under Aam Admi Bima Yojana.
- Unorganized workers will get Rs 1200 per annum for 2 children studying 9th, 10th, and Intermediate or ITI.
Eligibility for YSR Bheema
- All the unorganized Andhra Pradesh state workers from 18 to 70 years with less than Rs 15000 monthly salary and enrolled through Praja Sadhikara Survey are eligible for the YSR Bima scheme.
- Unorganized workers registered under the Unorganized Workers Social Security Act, 2008, and enrolled under YSR Bima Scheme as beneficiaries.
Registration of Bheema Scheme
- The workers have to visit the Labour Department.
- In the office, the worker gets assistance from the delegated assistant.
- With assistance, workers are registered for YSR Bheema Scheme and also allow accessing the central government schemes.
- Once the worker is registered under YSR Scheme, there is no need to register for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Yojana and Aam Admi Bima Yojana.
Process for Checking District Wise Claim Status
- Workers who want to know the information regarding the claims settled and pending visit the official website.
- Click on the reports on the home page.
- A dropdown with years appears to select 2019-20 reports.
- Select the district wise reports accordingly to know the status of claims pending, claims rejected, claims under process, etc.
For any assistance, contact the call center numbers District wise. Click Here.
Toll-Free Number to contact 155214