In India, a voter identification card is one of the most crucial documents. In India, having a voter card is mandatory to vote. It acts as proof of identity and a voting card, as it contains the holder’s name, address, signature, and photograph. The e-Epic is another name for digital voter ID cards. On this page, you can see the Voter Id card download process and other information related to the Voter Id card. So, read this page thoroughly to know more information.
Voter ID Download:
The PDF version of the digital voting card is available. The holder has the option of printing or laminating it. A digital voting card in PDF format is not editable. You can save the digital voting card on the phone or download it to a computer using the Digilocker Application.
Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Assam, and Pondicherry were among the states that enabled voters to utilise digital ID cards on election day.
How to download the Digital Voter Id card?
The steps for downloading the Digital voter Id card are as follows.
- First, the candidate should go to the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP).
- Then, on the website’s home page, click on the login link and proceed to log in.
- If you do not have an account, then click on the link to create a new account.
- Creating an account in the NVSP is mandatory for downloading the digital Voter Id card.
- After creating the account, log in to your account using the credentials.
- Click on the download voter Id option.
- Then enter the epic number or reference number to download the Voter ID card.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and proceed to download the Voter Id card.
- You can take the printout or can save the pdf file to your device.
The eligible conditions for downloading the digital voter Id card is as follows.
- The applicant must be an Indian permanent resident.
- The candidate must be 18 years old.
- This voter ID card is available to all general voters with valid ID numbers.
Benefits and Aspects of Digital Voter Id Card:
The following are the benefits of the Voter Id Card.
- In India, having a voter ID card is required to vote.
- This voter ID card also serves as a form of identification for the individual.
- The Indian Election Commission has recently launched the Digital Voter ID Card, often known as the elector image identification card or E-EPIC
- It is available in PDF format on the official website.
- It can also be printed and laminated by the holder.
- You can also store this card in the Digilocker software on a smartphone.
- A person who keeps this card might be considered a registered voter in India.
- This voter identification card is not editable.
- This card also has a secure QR code and photos and demographic information.
The following are the documents required for downloading the digital voter Id card.
- Identity card
- Residential proof
How to apply for the Digital Voter Id card?
You should have an EPIC number to get the voter ID downloaded online. So, you have to apply for the Voter Id. The following steps are for applying for the Digital voter Id Card.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- The individual must be of sound mind and free of any criminal or bankruptcy records.
- The applicant must complete form 6 and attach all of the required documents.
- All of the files must be unique.
- The most effective way to get voter ID cards is to go to the government’s website or a website that the government has approved.
- There are no non-public websites or third-party organisations in India that can tamper with voter identification cards.
- The information on Form 6 must be correct and free of spelling errors. All of the records you provide must be legal.
How to track the application?
You can get the status of the Voter Id application in the following way.
Each state’s election commission is independent. To keep track of the status of your request, follow the steps below.
- First, you must go to CEO’s official website (chief electoral officer).
- Then, click the “know the voter ID status” option on the website’s home page.
You will now be able to see the status of your application form.
On the national voter services portal, you may also get the status of your application.
- You must click on the “track application status” link on the home page of the National Voters’ Service Portal.
- You have to enter the application number or EPIC number.
Finally, select “search”, and it will provide you with all necessary information about your Voter Id application.
If you do not have the original Voter Id card with you, you can download the duplicate voter Id card online in the method given on this page.