- 1 What is Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
- 1.1 Benefits of Vidya Deevena
- 1.2 Courses List Covered Under Vidya Deevena Scheme
- 1.3 Incentives under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
- 1.4 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.5 Documents Required
- 1.6 Application Process
- 1.7 Checking Status List of Jagananna Vidya Deevena
What is Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launched YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme on 27th November 2019. Under this scheme, students will get financial benefits, the so-called student education sponsorship program.
Earlier, this scheme was called as Fee reimbursement. The scheme’s main aim is to help the needy students financially who are pursuing their college studies.
The government allocated Rs 4900 crores to implement the scheme for the session 2020-2021. Many students in Andhra Pradesh are having remarkable academic scores and unable to pay their fees.
They don’t have sufficient money to pay a fee and even to eat properly. So with this scheme, the CM wants to help those students who cannot pay a fee for their studies.
Jagananna Vidya Deevena started implementation on 28th April 2020. According to reports, nearly 14 Lakh students will get the fee reimbursement.
The government-sanctioned Rs 4900 crores in which the previous due of Rs 1880 crores was added. The sanctioned amount will directly transfer to the bank accounts of the student’s mother.
Benefits of Vidya Deevena
- The Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme’s main objective is to provide a financial benefit for the poor students who cannot study because of their lack of money.
- The scheme is to promote higher education and encourage the students for their further education.
- The financial benefits are given to eligible students every year.
Courses List Covered Under Vidya Deevena Scheme
- And other courses of Degree/PG
Incentives under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
- Students studying Degree, Engineering, etc., will get an incentive for tuition fees and hostel fees according to their pursuit.
- Polytechnic students get an amount of Rs 15000 per annum given under this scheme.
- Students from ITI get Rs 10000 per annum.
- Students pursuing a degree or other courses will get Rs 20000per annum.
- The students from SC, ST, BC, Minorities, Kapu, Economically Backward Class, Economically Weaker Section, Differently Abled students, etc., will get 100% fees reimbursement under this Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme.
- Students who are permanent residence of Andhra Pradesh are eligible.
- The students studying at government-aided universities or boards and private colleges affiliated to state universities/boards.
- The students pursuing a polytechnic degree, ITI, are eligible.
- The family’s income is less than Rs2.5 Lakh per annum are eligible.
- Students with government employee families are not eligible.
- Any family member receiving a pension, then the student is not eligible.
- Families with only 10 acres of wetland or agricultural land below 25 acres are only eligible.
- Student’s families with four-wheeler cars are not eligible.
- Aadhaar Card
- Identity Card
- Admission fee receipt
- College admission certificate
- BPL or EWS certificate
- Income certificate
- Non-tax payer declaration
- Parent’s occupational certificate
- Bank account details
- First, students who want to apply for the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme must visit the official website of YSR Navasakam.
- Click on downloads on the home page of the website.
- A new page opens. Click on JVD Fee Reimbursement Proforma.
- Now application form appears, take a printout of the document.
- Fill the form with the details like family head details, village volunteer details, bank account details of the mother, validation details, etc.
- Attach the documents needed along with the application form.
- Check the entered details and submit the application along with the documents and submit them to the concerned department.
Checking Status List of Jagananna Vidya Deevena
- To check the Jagananna vidya Deevena Scheme status list, first, students must visit the official website.
- Click on “click on the text with blue color to et detailed reports” on the home page.
- A new page opens, select the district name, location, and choose rural or urban.
- Note down the Secretariat code and enter the code.
- The report will display student name, mother name, father name, Aadhaar number, eligible status, and application ID.
- Finally, download the list for future use.