It is a medical insurance scheme for government employees and pensioners. It is named Medical Insurance Scheme for State Employees and Pensioners (MEDISEP). This Scheme intends to provide comprehensive health insurance coverage to all serving employees of the State Government and pensioners.
Benefits of Medisep Kerala:
- This Scheme provides a cashless treatment facility.
- There is no age limit for the beneficiaries/dependants except for dependent child/children.
- Dispute Resolution and Grievance Redressal is made through online mode.
Medisep Insurance Covers:
- Basic cover: A basic cover of this insurance scheme is Rs 2 lakh. It is available for all people.
- Additional cover: Rs 6 lakh as the maximum amount of severe diseases, including organ transplantation, is also provided. The government will give this Insurance of Rs 6 lakh and the primary insurance covering 2 lakh Rupees.
- Extra cover: Even if the additional cover of Rs 6 lakh is not sufficient for treating severe diseases, The government will give another additional insurance of a maximum of 3 lakh rupees to a family in need.
- The insurance company will form a corpus of 25 lakh rupees for this extra cover.
- The government introduced MEDISEP in the financial year 2017-18 budget announcement.
- Reliance General Insurance quoted the lowest annual premium of Rs 2992.48 in the e-tender, and they selected it.
- Period: The period of this insurance scheme is three years. So, you have to pay the premium for three years.
- Premium: The insurance premium is collected in the form of instalments. Each instalment will be Rs 250.
- The government will collect this instalment from the government employees. Rs 300 will be deducted from the medical premium and paid for the insurance.
- The Kerala government will give the insurance premium to the insurance company in three instalments.
- The medical reimbursement scheme will continue as it was for outpatient treatment.
Beneficiaries of Medisep:
- All the employees working in the Government sector of Kerala state are benefitted from this Scheme.
- These employees include teaching and non-teaching staff of all the government-aided Schools and Colleges.
- The government deducts the prescribed premium from their medical allowances.
- All the employees who joined as new employees during the policy period of three years also join the insurance scheme by paying the premium from the joining month.
- These new employees can avail of Two Lakh rupees per annum as a Basic cover.
- Part-time or contract-based employees/pensioners are subject to the deduction of the prescribed premium amount.
- These contract employees must execute the authorisation for remitting the monthly premium from their monthly pension/ salary.
- Hence, anyone eligible candidates can apply for the Medical Insurance Scheme.
Medisep Online Apply:
To apply online for the medisep insurance, follow the below procedure. The step-by-step process is as follows. So, refer to the below procedure.
- Visit the Medisep website or search on google for medisep insurance.
- Click on the registration option available on the home page.
- Enter your PEN number and Date of birth and click on Continue.
- Enter the registered mobile number.
- As you enter your mobile number, you will receive an OTP on your mobile.
- Enter the given OTP and Click on the Login option to continue.
- Once you login into your account, you can edit your profile details.
- You can also update your profile photo or add a new one.
- Click on proceed to continue, Verify the details, and submit.
Medisep approved hospitals list:
The following is the list of approved hospitals under the medisep insurance scheme. Most of the approved hospitals are present in the below Pdf. So, check the hospitals by clicking on the link below.
1 . What is Medisep?
It is a medical insurance scheme provided for Kerala state’s government employees and pensioners.
2 . How to apply for medisep?
You can see the complete application process above on this page. So, refer to this to know the complete application process.