The Department of Telecommunication has launched a TAFCOP (Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection) portal, where you can easily find out how many mobiles have registered in your name.
They launched the concept of the Aadhaar card to help people prove their identity By using a single card. After its launch, it became a mascot for every person living in India.
For airport authentication or taking SIM cards for your mobile, now everything can happen by presenting this card (for authentication).
TAFCOP is a portal to check the number of mobile connections working in your name online TAFCOP consumer portal.
The Government of India has launched the TAFCOP portal to help users easily check how many mobile numbers are working in their name and take necessary steps to sort out their excess mobile connections if any. However, this has become a threat to your identity.
When you submit an Aadhaar card for any purpose, be it for a Wi-Fi connection or any other reason, the chances of its misuse. Many fraudsters can issue multiple SIMs in your name using your Aadhaar details.
New Update of TAFCOP Portal
The government of India officially launches Tafcop DG Telecom Portlandia. They launched this portal for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection. This portal is a direct way to check how many SIM cards had registered in your name.
We know this is a shortcut through which you can check your mobile numbers at home. Currently, this facility is only available for users in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, and Nagaland.
This portal is designed in online mode for easy use by everyone. Many people are wondering if the Taff Cop consumer portal is real or fake, so we are telling you that it is a genuine portal designed for tracking your sim cards. This portal tracks your SIM cards by filling in your mobile number.
TAFCOP portal Instructions on Verification of New Subscribers
TAFCOP Verification of New Mobile Subscribers Instructions,
1. WP(C) no. 285/2010 by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide judgment and order dated 27.04.2012 constituted a Joint Committee of Experts in DoT (TAF-COP).
After considering the recommendations made by the Committee, it finalized the directions issued in this letter.
2. It contains a reference to the CMTS/UAS license condition, which among other things, states that “the licensee shall ensure appropriate verification of each user before enrolling them as a subscriber; you shall strictly follow the instructions issued by the Licensor from time to time in this regard.”
3. they had decided that the Service Providers shall strictly follow the instructions regarding subscriber verification mentioned herein.
These instructions are in the super edition of the following instructions issued on the subject. They will be effective three months from the date of issue unless otherwise stated in the letter.
4. New Mobile Connection Activation: In the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF), they should affix the subscriber’s passport-size photograph, and the subscriber’s Identity Proof (Pol) and Address Proof ( POA) documents are attached. CAF, as per applicable instructions from time to time.
5. The person at the Point of Sale (POS) should get the CAF duly filled and signed (with CAF, photo & documents attached) dated by the subscriber.
6. Subscriber will be provided with Pol & PoA details counterfoil/receipt mentioning subscriber’s name, applied for mobile number, CAF number, type of Pol/Poa, issuing authority, date of issue, and serial.
7. The authorized person at PoS should record in the CAF that he has visited the subscriber and match the photograph attached to the CAF with the subscriber and verify the copies of his documents of address proof and identity proof attached with the CAF.
Read about more instructions given at the link.
TAFCOP Portal Login:
Many users want this benefit from telecommunications service to register their complaints and avail themselves of telecom services. Following are the steps to apply for a login.
- Visit the website of the Department of Telecommunications portal.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- Now click on login.
- First, complete the registration here.
- Now enter the asked details.
- Then visit the home page again.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Fill in the captcha.
- Click on Login
- In this way, one can log in to the portal.
How to check the Status on TAFCOP Portal?
- Go to the TAFCOP portal. Enter your mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- Enter the “Ticket ID Ref No” in the ‘Requested Status’ box
- Then you can check your status
How to check mobile connections in the TAFCOP portal?
To check the mobile connection number working in your name online. Follow below mentioned simple steps.
- Go to the TAFCOP portal.
- Enter your mobile number.
- The subscriber must enter the OTP and check the list of active connections on an Aadhaar card on the computer screen by pressing the Validate option.
- Subscribers should check the mobile numbers listed on the page carefully.
- If you are not utilizing any of the mobile numbers listed on the page, you should report to the TAFCOP Board.
- To report a fraud number, you need to tick the “This is not my number” check box on the left side of the TAFCOP page.
- If you can’t find any new mobile numbers in the list, you need to tap on the Unrequired option.
The Department of Telecommunication has launched a TAFCOP (Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection) portal, where you can easily find out how many mobiles have registered in your name. They launched the concept of the Aadhaar card to help people prove their identity By using a single card.
TAFCOP is a portal the Government of India maintains to control fraud through telecom services. TAFCOP stands for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection.
It has 9 SIMs for general mobile usage and 9 SIMs for M2M (Machine to Machine) communications.
Suppose you are interested in knowing how many numbers have been issued in your name. In that case, you can do so through the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) new portal, which will help you check the SIM cards issued against your Aadhaar card.