Telangana government’s new idea was to waive crop loans taken by the farmers to reduce the burden for them. They started a Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme to help the farmers. To learn more about this, read the below article. This article also includes its eligibility, application process, benefits etc.
- 1 Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme Overview:
- 1.0.1 Benefits of Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme:
- 1.0.2 Implementation of the scheme:
- 1.0.3 How do I apply Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme online?
- 1.0.4 How to log in to your account?
- 1.0.5 Check the status of the application:
- 1.0.6 Eligibility:
- 1.0.7 Eligible loans:
- 1.0.8 Loans that are not eligible:
- 1.0.9 Documents required:
- 2 Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme Overview:
Telangana government came up with another scheme, i.e. Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme. It is mainly focused on developing and helping farmers financially. The loans will be waived if the farmer cannot pay the loan back. It is applicable up to Rs.1 Lakh which removes the financial burden.
Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao started this scheme focusing on agriculture and farmers after Rythu Bandhu. In 2020 and are waived up to Rs.25,000 and Rs. 2021 in the second phase of 2021. It finally increased up to Rs.1 Lakh in January 2023. After waiving and the farmers get cheques instead of bank deposits.
|Name of the Scheme||TS Crop Loan Waiver Scheme|
|Launched by||TS government|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Telangana state|
|Objective||To waive off loans up to Rs.1 Lakh|
Benefits of Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme:
There are many benefits to the farmers from the Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme. They are,
- Reduces the burden on the farmers.
- It will waive off up to Rs.1 Lakh loan.
- The government dedicated Rs. 1,198 crores of budget for the scheme.
- It will increase to Rs. 24,738 crores in the next four phases.
Implementation of the scheme:
All the crop loan activities are done online in the clw.telanagna.gov.in portal. All the farmers who took loans can register in the portal. Then the banks will make a list of farmers who have outstanding loan amounts. It is submitted to the authorities. After that, a committee meeting is conducted, and they will finalize the eligible farmers.
How do I apply Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme online?
To apply for the Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme online, farmers need to follow the following steps,
- Visit the official website of the scheme, i.e.
- On the homepage, you can see the apply option. Click on the option.
- After clicking on it, the application form will appear on the screen.
- Enter the farmer’s name, address, email, mobile, and bank account details on the form.
- Attach all the scanned documents to the portal.
- Then finally, click on Submit option.
How to log in to your account?
After registering in the portal to login into your account, follow the below steps.
- Open the official website of the scheme.
- On the homepage, find the login option. Click on it.
- Enter your account username, password and captcha code.
- Then tap on the login icon.
Check the status of the application:
To check the status of the application for the Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme then, follow the below steps,
- Visit the official website, i.e. clw.telangana.gov.in.
- Login to your account using username, password and captcha code.
- You can see the Application status option on the screen. Select it.
- Enter your application number and click on the Check status option.
- The status is displayed on the screen.
The eligibility criteria that an applicant should meet to get the waiver from the Telangana Crop loan Waiver Scheme are,
- The applicant must be a Telangana state resident.
- They must be a farmer by profession.
- It is applicable only for crop loans sanctioned after April 1st,2014 and outstanding till December 11th, 2018.
A few types of loans are only eligible for the Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme. They are,
- Short-term production loans.
- Crop loans against gold that the scheduled commercial banks give.
- Crop loans are given against gold by cooperative credit institutions like Urban cooperative banks and regional rural banks.
Loans that are not eligible:
Banks that are not eligible for the Telangana Crop Loan Waiver Scheme are,
- Advances against pledges.
- Hypothecation of agriculture produces other than standing crops, tie-up loans, closed crop loan accounts, Loans to collaborative groups (JLG’s), Rythu Mythra groups (RMGs), and Loan eligibility cards.
- Restricted and Rescheduled loans.
Documents required to register in Telangana Crop Laon Waiver Scheme are,
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Residential proof
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Land records
- Bank account details
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
The average interest is 12.50%, which may vary from bank to bank.
Up to Rs. 1,60,000 loan is given for agriculture without any collateral.
Farmers are eligible for agriculture loans in India.
SBI is the best and safe bank for agriculture loans.