Both the federal and state governments implement several plans to provide various types of benefits to the unorganised sector of workers. Unorganised workers gain social and financial stability as a result of these programmes. Gujarat’s government has also launched the UWIN card.
All citizens who work in the unorganised sector in Gujarat must enrol to obtain the Card. Workers in the unorganised sector will receive various social and financial benefits through this Card.
We provide all the information about Card registration and how to apply online etc. So, read this page thoroughly to get clarity on the process of getting the Card.
Objectives of UWIN Card:
The UWIN Card’s primary goal is to develop a single database of informal workers to receive social security benefits.
The introduction of the UWIN programme allows for the identification of unorganised labour. Through the notion of the nuclear family and the linked family, this Card will also incorporate family details, which will assist the government in launching various family-based benefit schemes.
This platform will also aid in identifying and enabling skills, development needs, employer and worker mapping, and policy formulation and decision-making based on results. Around 15 crore families will benefit from the implementation of this scheme.
UWIN Card Benefits:
The following are the benefits of the Card.
- The Gujarat government has introduced the UWIN Card for the unorganised sector.
- Beneficiaries can use this Card to take advantage of EPFO and ESIC-managed social security schemes and programmes.
- It is essentially a one-of-a-kind number intended for the informal labourers to confirm identity.
- Aside from that, the government can create a database of all workers in the informal sector.
- On the Nirman portal or app, beneficiaries can register to receive this Card.
- The unorganised worker’s index number card is the full name of the UWIN card.
- The Ministry of Labor and Employment devised and produced this Card in 2014 as part of the unorganised worker’s social security legislation 2008.
- All workers in the informal sector are required to register with the UWIN programme.
- The Gujarat government has set aside 402 crores to carry out this project.
The following are the conditions for applying for the UWIN Card.
- The person must be a permanent resident of Gujarat state.
- The age of the person should be between 18 and 60 years.
- The applicant must belong to an unorganised sector.
- He should work in the sector for at least 90 days to apply.
The following is the list of documents required for applying for the UWIN Card.
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Proof of age
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph
You should take the above list of documents at the time of application.
UWIN Card Apply Online:
The eligible candidates can apply for the Card online. The UWIN Card registration CSC is available on the official portal for all the citizens. So, you can apply for the CSC UWIN Card online on your own without visiting the online service centres.
How to apply for the UWIN Card?
There are candidates eligible for the UWIN Card but do not know how to apply. So, we give the steps to apply for the Card. The steps are as follows.
- Visit the official website of the UWIN Card.
- This is the old website for applying for the Card. There is redirecting link on the page. You can click on that to apply for the Card.
- Now the site is changed to E-Shram. You can directly visit the official website of E-Shram.
- On the home page, you can see the self-registration form.
- Enter the mobile number of the applicant. A mobile number linked with Aadhar would be better.
- Then the registration form will appear on the screen.
- Fill in all the details in the form and upload the documents if necessary.
- After entering the OTP, you must select “No” for ESIC and EPFO.
- So, you can apply. Else you cannot apply for the Card.
After a successful application, you can download the Card from the portal.
How to download a mobile application?
Card registrations are also available on the mobile app. Citizens can download the app and register on the app for UWIN Card. The download process is as follows.
- Visit the Google play store and then search for the E-Shram registration.
- Then a lot of applications are available on the search result.
- Select the top application and then install it on your device.
- Use the app and register for the Card.
- The process of registration will be the same as web registration.