Corona Virus | Covid-19 | Covid-19 Vaccine | Register for Covid-19 Vaccine in India
What is Corona Virus?
Corona Virus is an infectious disease caused by a covid-19 virus, which is discovered recently. People after effecting with the virus will experience respiratory illness. There are many symptoms to locate the virus in the human body. The virus causes infection in the nose, sinuses, or upper throat and affects the lungs.
Covid-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2 that triggers lungs, and doctors call it respiratory tract infection. The virus spreads mainly by person-to-person contact and the infection range from mild to deadly. Every country is now busy getting the vaccine to cure the disease.
Symptoms of Covid-19
The main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Chills, sometimes with shaking
- Runny nose/congestion
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
Sometimes the virus can also lead to respiratory failure, pneumonia, liver problems, heart problems, septic shock, and even death.
World Health Organisation is one of the global leaders for the alliance of COVAX. COVAX is the vaccine pillar of ACT (Accelerator Collaboration) that works to accelerate the manufacturing and development of the Covid-19 vaccine to ensure that there is equitable and fair access to all the countries.
India has approval for two of the top Covid-19 vaccine which one from Oxford-AstraZeneca’s Covishield and the other is Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin. India’s government conducted two vaccine dry runs worldwide to identify the shortcoming in the process and rectify them.
Who gets the Corona Vaccine first?
The Center formed the National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for Covid-19 in August 2020. The group is to deliver guidance on prioritization on groups on taking the vaccine. According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, free vaccines provided as the first phase to one crore healthcare and two crore frontline workers.
People above 50 years and below who have comorbidities must be vaccinated by July 2021. According to the Indian government, there are nearly 27 crore beneficiaries who fall under this clause.
How to Register for Covid-19 Vaccine in India?
- To register for the Corona Virus vaccine, people must download the Co-WIN app on their Smartphone.
- Upload the documents for self-registration like photo identity documents, including election ID, driving license, Aadhaar card, pension document, passport, etc.
- Provide the necessary details and register for Corona Virus Vaccine.
- After the registration process completed, applicants will receive the date and time slot.
- According to the Indian government, only 100 volunteers planned for each day to take the vaccine.
Procedure Followed at Vaccination Center
- People at the vaccination center have to follow the procedure to get vaccinated. There are three separate rooms allotted for the step-by-step process for vaccination.
- The first one is for the waiting room, the second room is for observation, and the third room is for vaccination. The reason for the rooms is to prevent crowds and social distancing.
- Every volunteer monitored for 30 minutes after giving the vaccine shots. By this, the government health representatives will record if any effects or symptoms found after vaccination.
- The vaccination team is with five members, and an additional vaccinator officer included when there is a need to create 200 beneficiaries.