Getting a Voter ID card is necessary to participate in the electoral process. This article will guide you on how to apply for a Voter ID card in Telangana.
- 1 What is the Voter ID
- 1.0.1 Why is it necessary to have a Voter ID Card?
- 1.0.2 Eligibilities
- 1.0.3 Documents Required
- 1.0.4 The online process for Voter ID Card
- 1.0.5 The offline process to Apply for Voter ID in Telangana
- 1.0.6 Check the Status of a Telangana Voter ID
- 1.0.7 Download your Voter ID Card online.
- 1.0.8 How to Apply for a Voter ID Correction?
- 1.1 Name Corrections
- 1.1.1 Offline Voter ID Corrections
- 1.1.2 Check Voter ID Correction Status
- 1.1.3 Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card
- 1.1.4 Offline Process to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Card
- 1.1.5 Track the status of Aadhaar to link with voter ID.
- 1.1.6 The online process for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Telangana
- 1.1.7 Offline process for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Telangana
- 1.1.8 Contact Details
- 1.1.9 Conclusion
- 1.1.10 FAQs
What is the Voter ID
The Voter ID card, also known as the Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC), is a necessary document that gives out as identity proof and enables you to exercise your right to vote. The Election Commission of India issues it and plays a vital role in the electoral.
Why is it necessary to have a Voter ID Card?
Telangana Election Commission issues voter ID for registered voters, called Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC).
Voting is a fundamental right of all citizens of Indians and is the base of democracy in India.
The Card enables an individual to exercise their voting rights and proves one to be an Indian citizen. In addition, the Card curbs electoral fraud.
These are the eligibilities.
- They must be Indian.
- The age of an applicant must be above 18 years.
- Applicants should have a permanent address.
The following are the required documents.
- Recent passport-sized photographs.
- Proof of Address- passport/Aadhaar card/driving licence/ration card/bank passbook.
- Proof of age (for applicants between 18 and 21 years)- birth certificate/school certificate/PAN Card/Aadhaar card/driving licence/bank or post office passbook.
The online process for Voter ID Card
Follow the process to apply for a Voter ID in Telangana online.
- Go to the Chief Electoral Officer website, Telangana and click on the ‘E-registration’ tab on the top of the homepage.
- Select the ‘Assembly Constituency’ tab from the drop-down menu and click ‘NVSP’ from the provided options.
- You will redirect to a new page. Select the ‘Form 6 for New Users’ option.
- Fill in the online form with details such as name, address, date of birth, current residence and the declaration.
- Upload the supporting documents as mentioned in the form and submit them.
- On submission, an application reference number will generate that serves as a receipt and a tracking number.
- Once the application has been made, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit to verify the details mentioned in the form and documents.
- On successful verification, the voter ID card will be sent to you by post to the address on the application form.
The offline process to Apply for Voter ID in Telangana
Follow the below process to apply offline.
- Firstly, individuals must visit the electoral office and get Form 6 (Forms for mentioning names in the voter list).
- Mention all necessary details to fill out the form and provide the required documents as mentioned in it.
- After sending the application number, one will receive a confirmation number which can later use to track the application status.
- A Booth Level Officer (BLO) will examine all essential details in the application form.
- If everything mentioned in the form is authentic, the Voter ID card will reach the mentioned address.
Check the Status of a Telangana Voter ID
To check the status of voter ID in Telangana. Follow the below process.
- Go to the official website of the Telangana Election Commission and choose the ‘E-registration’ option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Assembly Constituency’ option.
- Now choose the ‘Know Your Status‘ option. On selecting the option, one must provide either the application ID or the house number mentioned in the application form.
- On clicking the option and providing relevant details, individuals can see the status of their application form displayed on the screen.
Download your Voter ID Card online.
To download your voter ID card online, follow the below process.
- Go to the Telangana Voter Service website.
- Click on the ‘e-EPIC Download’ option.
- Enter your username & password, captcha also and click ‘Login’.
- Once logged in, you can provide your mobile number, which will send a One-Time Password (OTP) to your phone. Enter the OTP for validation, and download your voter ID Card online.
How to Apply for a Voter ID Correction?
A voter ID is necessary for identity proof and address proof. Hence, correcting any errors in the information, such as your name, address, and date of birth, is necessary.
Documents Required for Voter ID Correction
The following are the required documents for Voter ID in Telangana.
For Name change on Voter ID Card
- PAN card
- Government gazette
To Change the address on the voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving licence
- Government-issued identity card
- Electricity or telephone bills
- Ration card
To Change the Date of Birth
- Your mark sheet for classes 5, 8 (if it contains the information about your DOB), 10 or 12
- Birth certificate issued from the school or by the Municipal Authorities or Registrar of births and deaths
- Baptism certificates
Note: Birth certificates issued by the Municipal Corporation or registrar of births and dates has accepted for persons born on or after 26.01.1989.
Visit the official website of NVSP or the National Voters Services Portal for For name corrections.
Do the following to change the address.
- Go to the official Portal of the Telangana chief electoral officer and select the ‘E-registration’ option.
- Choose the ‘Assembly Constituency’ tab to get redirected to a list, from where select Form 8-A.
- To fill out the form, provide necessary details, such as name, current residence, date of birth, and EPIC number. Upload necessary documents (like a utility bill or rent agreement) detailing the changed address.
- Please Submit the application form will get an application reference number, and one can use the number to track the application status.
- Once the application form is processed, the updated voter ID card will send to the changed address.
Online Process to Change Date of Birth in Voter ID Card in Telangana
Follow the below steps.
Step 1: After login to the website, select Form 8.
Step 2: Enter your name, information related to Parliamentary Constituency or State or District Assembly. Other information includes:
- EPIC or Elector’s Photo Identity Card Number.
- Select the option you want to update, In this case, your date of birth.
- Enter your date of birth and provide documents such as an Aadhaar card for age proof.
Step 3: Select the declaration option and submit.
You can also opt for voter ID correction via Voter Portal.
You need to create an account to access it. After login, opt for “Correction in Voter ID”.
Offline Voter ID Corrections
Ask for Form 8, 8A, or 6. Download it from the NVSP official website
- Visit the NVSP portal. Click “Forms”.
- Select “State”. Now navigate to the section “Download” and select “Forms”.
- Download the required forms – Form 6, 8, or 8A.
Fill out the required fields, such as your name, age, and constituency. Please submit it to the respective electoral office along with the documents. It includes an Aadhaar card, passport.
Check Voter ID Correction Status
You get a reference number once applied for voter ID correction. Use it to check the application status for voter ID correction.
- Go to the NVSP official website. Click “Track Application Status”.
- Enter the reference id and choose “Track Status” for the application status.
Candidates can track the application status for voter ID correction by calling 1950. (BSNL or MTNL only).
Check the status via Voter Portal with two simple steps:
- Registered members can track the status by selecting “Track Status”.
- Enter the reference number to view the application status.
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card
It helps you avoid creating multiple voter ID cards in a single person’s name.
There are five steps to link Aadhaar to Voter ID.
- Via National Voter Service Portal (NVSP)
- Via SMS
- Through Phone
- Voter Helpline App
Required documents to link Aadhaar to Voter ID
These are the required documents.
- Voter ID card or EPIC number
- Aadhaar Card number and Aadhaar registered mobile number (or)
Copy of any of the following documents by NVSP:
- Pan Card
- MNREGA Job Card
- Driving License
- Passbooks with photo by Post Office/Bank
- Health Insurance Smart Card given under the Ministry of Labour scheme
- Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
- India Passport
- Pension document with photo
- Service Identity cards with photographs issued to employees by Central/State government/PSUs/Public Limited Companies
- Unique Identity ID (UDID) Card, issued by M/o Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Official Identity Card issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
Link Aadhaar to Voter ID via National Voter Service (NVSP)
Follow the process to link an aadhaar to a Voter ID through NVSP.
- Go to NVSP. Click on ‘Forms’.
- Search for ‘Search Electoral Roll’ and click on it.
- You will redirect to the electoral search form. Choose one from the two options, i.e., ‘Search by Details’, or you can ‘Search by EPIC No.’. If you choose the 1st option, you must fill in your name, age, gender, DOB, assembly constituency, and other relevant details. Otherwise, you can go for the 2nd option, searching by EPIC no. and the state.
- Next, you have to fill captcha code and click ‘Search.’
- If the details match the government database, your Voter ID details will display on the next page.
- Next, click on ‘Feed Aadhaar No.’
- A pop-up window will open; you must enter your EPIC number, name, UID number, mobile number, and registered email address. Finally, click on ‘Submit’.
Once this process completes, you will notify about the successful Voter ID link with Aadhar.
Aadhaar Link to Voter ID card via SMS
It is the SMS process to link an aadhaar to a Voter ID in Telangana.
- Step 1: Open your SMS application and type the SMS in the given format
- ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No. of Voter ID Card No.>< SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
- Step 2: Send it to 166 OR 51969 from your registered mobile number.
Through phone also, you can link.
- You can also phone the call centre to link your Aadhaar with your voter ID.
- Dial 1950 on weekdays from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Provide both to link your voter ID card and Aadhaar number.
Via the Voter Helpline App
You can do the Adhar link with a Voter card via this App.
- Go to Play Store, and search for Voter Helpline App.
- Download it. After setting it up, click ‘Voter Registration’.
- Next, click on Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B). Select the ‘Let’s Start’ option.
- Enter the mobile number (Which one has linked to your Aadhaar).
- Fill out the received OTP and click ‘Verify’.
- Select ‘Yes I Have Voter ID’ on the next screen and press ‘Next’. Enter your Voter ID number (EPIC) and the necessary details.
- Select ‘Proceed’. Fill in your Aadhaar Card number, place of authentication, and registered mobile number. Next, press ‘Done’.
- Go through the details and press ‘Confirm’ to submit Form 6B.
Offline Process to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Card
You can apply offline, also.
- Step 1: Find a Booth Level Officer (BLO) closest to your residence. It is easy to find one on the ECI’s official website.
- Step 2: Fill in and apply the Voter card Aadhaar card link.
The BLO will ensure to run a proper verification before linking both IDs.
To check the status, follow the below steps.
- Go to the website voters.eci.gov.in.
- Fill out blanks in the ‘Seeding Through NVSP Portal’ section.
- A notification will display the request that has been submitted and is currently processed.
- The website will display to verify whether your Aadhaar link to a voter ID.
The online process for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Telangana
These are the steps you need to follow.
- Visit the official website.
- Download the EPIC-002 form from it.
- You must submit the FIR with the application form if the voter ID card is lost or stolen.
- If the person has torn or useless voter ID cards, they must submit the Card and the application form to Electoral Office.
- After the application verification, you will receive the duplicate voter ID card at your address through the post, or you may collect the voter ID from the electoral office.
Offline process for Duplicate Voter ID Card in Telangana
You can apply for offline Voter ID in Telangana, also.
- Go to the nearest electoral office and collect a copy of Form EPIC-002.
- Please fill in all the required details on the application form, and submit it to the electoral office with all the required documents. If you have missing or lost your voter ID, you must submit a copy of the FIR.
- If your Card has torn, then you have to send the Card along with the application form.
- The electoral office people check the details and issue a new voter ID card.
- Contact Number: 1800111950 (Toll-free Number)
- Address: Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi 110001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EPABX (STD Code: 011): 23052205 – 10, 23052212 – 18, 23052146, 23052148, 23052150
Getting a Voter ID card in Telangana is a straightforward process that allows you to participate in the democratic process actively.
Your Voter ID card is an identification document and your ticket to exercising your right to vote. Remember, your vote matters, and your Voter ID card is key to making a difference.
Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) Number is your Voter ID card number.
No, you must be 18 to apply for a Voter ID card in Telangana.
You have to deposit a copy of the FIR at the Police Station. You will get a new Card after a deposit of Rs. 25. The dates for issuing new Cards has published in leading Newspapers.
In correcting mistakes in electoral rolls, an application in Form 8 is to submit to the concerned Electoral Registration Officer.
The period for getting a voter ID card varies. It generally takes 5 to 7 weeks to receive the document after applying.
Yes, voter ID can download from the NVSP website.