Aadhaar is a verifiable 12 digit identification number which is now mandatory and issued by UIDAI from the Central Government of India. The Aadhaar gave to only the residents of India for free of cost. Aadhaar ecosystem contains core infrastructure to provide enrolment, update, and authentication services. People can update names, addresses, phone numbers, and even can change the photo in Aadhaar card.
How to Change the Photo in Aadhaar Card?
- A person who wants to change the photo in Aadhaar card has to appear at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.
- Steps to follow to change photos in the Aadhaar.
- The applicants have to visit the official website.
- Download the enrolment form from the UIDAI for Aadhaar.
- Fill the enrolment form with the required detail carefully.
- Submit the form that filled to the executive in the enrolment center.
- The executive after providing biometric details will photograph you.
- Approve the details with the executive, a fee of Rs 25 included GST has to be paid to get the updated details.
- The applicant receives the acknowledgment slip containing the URN.
- By this URN (Update Request Number) applicants can check the update status.
- No document required to update or change the photo in the Aadhaar card.
- Time taken to update and change photo is 90 days.
How to change the photo in Aadhaar online?
To date, there is no online process to change the photo Aadhaar card through SSUP (Self Service Update Portal). The applicant must compulsorily appear personally at Aadhaar enrolment centers.
How to download the updated Aadhaar Card?
- After the applicant submits the form in the Aadhaar enrolment center and Aadhaar is processed, they can download the updated Aadhaar online also.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Choose the download of a normal Aadhaar or masked Aadhaar card.
- The applicant also has to refresh their Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app after the update.
- In the same way, they must also update in the DigiLocker app as well.