A caste certificate is necessary for individuals belonging to scheduled castes, groups, and other BC(backward classes) in Telangana. Read about how to get a caste certificate in Telangana.
The caste certificate proves a person’s social status, enabling them to avail of various government schemes, scholarships, and reserved quotas.
|Name of the Service
|Caste Certificate in Telangana
|Citizens of Telangana
- 1 Benefits of Caste Certificate
- 1.1 Eligibility for Caste Certificate
- 1.2 Documents Required for Caste Certificate in Telangana
- 1.3 Fill in the Required Information
- 1.4 Online Procedure
- 1.5 Offline Application Procedure
- 1.6 How to check the status of a Caste Certificate in Telangana
- 1.7 What is the certificate number on the Caste Certificate?
- 1.8 Validity of the Caste Certificate in Telangana
- 1.9 Contact Details
- 1.10 Conclusion
- 1.11 FAQs
Benefits of Caste Certificate
These are the benefits of caste certificates.
- Access to Reservation
- Scholarships and Financial help
- Social Welfare Programs
- Identity & Recognition
Eligibility for Caste Certificate
The following are the eligibilities to apply for the Certificate.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- Applicant must reside in the state of Telangana
- The applicant must be at least three years old.
Documents Required for Caste Certificate in Telangana
The following documents are required to apply for the Certificate.
- Caste Certificate Application form
- Aadhaar Card of the applicant
- Required documents connected with the property owned by the parents
- Income-tax Returns Certificate is for only employees.
- Food Security Card (FSC) or Ration Card
- Proof of address (electricity bill or any other)
- Notary Affidavit on Rs 10/- Non-Judicial Stamp Paper
Fill in the Required Information
To get the caste certificate, the candidate has to provide the following data:
- Name of the applicant(in Block Letters)
- Father Name
- Mother Name
- Current residential address
- Permanent place of residence
- Age details with Date of Birth (DOB) and Place of Birth also
- A community for which the Certificate has been claimed along with sub-group
Follow the below process.
- Telangana caste certificate application forms can obtain either online or offline. To receive it offline, visit the nearby Meeseva Centre.
- Go to the official website.
- If you’re a new user, click on new user. The registration form will open. Fill in all details.
- Click on login. Choose citizen.
- Enter the valid Login ID & Password to Login as a Citizen into the portal.
- From the Home Page of Telangana MeeSeva, choose the Certificates.
- Select Revenue Services.
- Select the required Community & DOB Certificate.
- Fill in the relevant details & Upload the relevant documents.
- Choose the Postal or Manual Method. In the postal method, your Certificate will deliver to your address within seven days. Manual means you must visit the nearest Meeseva portal with your meeseva transaction ID; there, you need to take a print of your Telangana Caste Certificate.
- Upload the documents (Application form, Aadhar Card, DOB Certificate) only in PDF Format.
Offline Application Procedure
Follow the below steps.
- Visit the nearest MeeSeva centre or the Revenue Department office.
- Get the application form and fill it out with the correct information.
- You have to attach all the necessary documents and submit the application form and any applicable fees.
- Keep the acknowledgement slip safe for future reference.
How to check the status of a Caste Certificate in Telangana
The candidate can verify the application status by filling in the application acknowledgement number and transaction ID on the official website.
What is the certificate number on the Caste Certificate?
If you already have a caste certificate, look at the bottom left corner of your copy of the Certificate. There you will spot a unique identification code made of letters and words.
This community certificate number is also called the serial number. The RD Number is a unique 12-digit identification number assigned to every individual in India who has a caste certificate.
Validity of the Caste Certificate in Telangana
Once Meeseva Certificates are issued under Meeseva Certificate ACT 1993 in Telangana regarding Schedule caste, Schedule group, BC, and OBC, they are permanent, and no further renewal is required.
- Parishkaram Call Center: 1100/18004251110
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: O/o The Commissioner, ESD (Meeseva), Road No.7, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034.
- Phone Number: 040-23352849
Obtaining a caste certificate in Telangana is vital for individuals belonging to scheduled castes, groups, and other backward classes. It provides access to various benefits, rights, and opportunities, ensuring social inclusion and empowerment.
The cost of this service is 35 rupees. When requesting the Certificate, this must pay at the Meeseva Center. Rs. 10 is the application fee.
In the postal method, your Certificate will deliver to your address within seven days. Manual means you must visit the nearest Meeseva portal with your meeseva transaction ID; there, you need to take a print of your Telangana Caste Certificate.
Yes, there may be a nominal fee for caste certificate application. Check the official portal or visit the nearest MeeSeva centre for details.
The citizen has to collect the Certificate from the same meeseva centre where it was applied as per the date given in the acknowledgement.