The Indian Government, as their way of maintaining social equality, they are promoting Inter-caste marriages. The state governments of India started launching a dedicated portal for applying the Inter Caste Marriage scheme. After checking your eligibility, you can apply for the scheme by reading the article below.
Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme:
According to a survey in 2014, only 5% of couples in India are Inter caste married. In India, the Rajasthan government gave their incentive first. A Social hierarchy marrying in the same caste has been very important since ancient times. This scheme was launched to help couples financially if they meet the eligibility criteria. This article has all the details about the scheme. Please read the article carefully to apply for it.
The eligibility criteria to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme 2023 are as follows,
- One of the spouses of the couple should be from a Scheduled caste, and the other persona has to be from the General category.
- The couple should be married under Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
- This only applies to first marriages.
- They must apply for this scheme within one year of their marriage.
- They should provide proof that they have been living together for one year.
- The documents should be original.
Documents required to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme,
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Inter Caste marriage certificate
- Caste certificate
- Proof that shows they are staying together for one year
- ID proof
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme?
After your marriage, if you want to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme, you can follow the steps in this article. Every state has their dedicated portal to apply for the scheme. Before applying for the scheme, they must register their marriage under Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
- Visit the official website for the respective state.
- Now you will see a new page on the screen. Click on the ‘Register now’ option.
- Create a new account using your details if you are a new user.
- After entering the details, click on ‘Register’.
- Now login to your account, and on the homepage, enter your details like wife’s name, husband’s name, district etc.
- Next, fill in the marriage details.
- Attach any documents asked and apply for this scheme.
You must download the application form from your respective state’s official website in this method. Fill out the application form correctly with your details and attach the documents for proof. Now submit the application form to the District Social Justice officer.
The central government launched Inter Caste Marriage Scheme to maintain social equality. This scheme is mainly to help the married couple financially by providing them incentives. The couple gets the incentive amount if they are eligible and have valid documents. If they are eligible, they can get Rs.2 Lakh as support during their initial stage of marriage.
Indian government started this scheme to help scheduled caste/ minority and backward class couples financially.
The Rajasthan government gave the first incentive to eligible applicants under the scheme.
The applicants can get up to Rs.2 Lakh through this scheme.
Till 2017, the amount is Rs.50,000; up to 2020, it is Rs.1 Lakh, and in 2023, it is Rs.2 Lakh.