- 1 About EWS
- 2 AP EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate
- 2.1 Eligibility for Economically Weaker Section (EWS Form) Certificate
- 2.2 Documents Required for EWS
- 2.3 Application Process for AP EWS Form
- 2.4 Application through Online Process
- 2.5 Application through Offline Process ews form
- 2.6 Validity, Requirement, and Fees
- 2.7 EWS Application Status Check
Economically Weaker Section (AP EWS) is a category of people who belongs to General having less family income of fewer than 8 Lakhs annually. They also belong to reserved groups like SC/ST/OBC.
The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, cleared The Economic Weaker Section Bill On January 12th, 2019. India’s Union Government provided a 10% additional quota for the students under the unreserved category or General category.
State Governments gave authorities to change the eligibility criteria for the candidates seeking reservation under the EWS and owned by the State colleges and government Jobs.
EWS, since February 1st, 2019, will now get a 10% reservation in education and government jobs similarly to SC/ST/OBC.
AP EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate
Andhra Pradesh government issued the Government Order (GO) on 30th July 2019 for the Economically Weaker Section’s reservation.
Each day a large number of candidates are applying for EWS Certificates. The EWS certificate works as an income certificate. The person who seeks the document will include his/her family.
Members include his/her parents, siblings below 18 years, or his/her spouse and children below the age of 18. The income consists of income from salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc.
The application forms were assigned to the respected Tahsildar offices. Tahsildar gives the details to MRI & VRO to do field verification and submit the report. On Tahsildar’s decision, the applicant will get the certificate.
Eligibility for Economically Weaker Section (EWS Form) Certificate
The candidates who are applying for EWS must be eligible to fill the form. Below are the criteria for eligibility.
- Applicants applying must be the citizen of India and Permanent Residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- The person should own less than 5 acres of agricultural land.
- Persons residential flat of less than 1000sq. Ft, a residential plot of less than 100 sq yards, and a residential plot of less than 200 sq yards in notified municipalities as per the State norms.
Documents Required for EWS
- EWS Form
- Ration Card/Voter Card/Aadhaar Card
- Copy of IT returns/Payslips (Any other documents)
- Affidavit/Self Declaration
- Education Records
- Certificate issued by two gazette officers
- Passport size photos
Application Process for AP EWS Form
- Candidates can fill the application online and offline.
- Through the online visit, the official website, Click Here and follow the instructions.
- Through offline, go to nearby MeeSeva to get the application form and fill it.
Application through Online Process
- The candidates have to visit the official website click here.
- Applicants have to click on the option “Revenue Department” on the home page of the MeeSeva Portal.
- Now the Revenue Department page opens, click on the “Income Certificate” option.
- Log in to the “Income Certificate” page with a User ID, Password, and Captcha code.
- Application Form will turn up, fill the form with details like Name, Father/Husband Name, Aadhaar Number, Date of Birth, Gender, and Age of the applicant.
- Also, enter the Income details and upload the required documents.
- Click on the “Show Payment” option, pay it online, and submit the form.
- Payment receipt and reference number messaged to the registered mobile number of applicants who have to keep safe.
Application through Offline Process ews form
- Applicants can collect the application from the MeeSeva centers.
- Fill the application form with the necessary details and attach the documents required.
- Go to the MeeSeva center and submit the form and documents to pay the MeeSeva operator’s fee. He will do the online process on behalf of the applicant.
- The applicant receives an application number as an acknowledgment of the registered mobile number.
- All the Income and Asset certificates and other certificates are uploaded on the district websites.
- The certificate is canceled if the applicants provided information and documents fabricated to get the benefits.
Validity, Requirement, and Fees
- The validity period of the EWS certificate will be one year from the date of issue.
- EWS certificate is used to avail several government benefits as the repayment of fee, scholarship for a deserved candidate, fees reimbursement, various social welfare schemes, and relaxation in different government jobs, etc.
- The applicants have to pay the application fees of Rs 10/- and have to submit application and certificate charges of Rs 35/- at MeeSeva centers.
EWS Application Status Check
After applying for the Economically Weaker Section certificate, the applicants can track the status of their application. Below is the process:
- Applicants have to visit the official website.
- Log in to the portal with Username, Password, and Captcha code.
- There is an option “Check MeeSeva Certificate” box on the website.
- Click on that and enter the application number.
- Click on the Go button; the status of the application will appear on the screen.