After a lengthy manual pass issuance process, the Chairman of the Railway Board has implemented the new digitized policy (24 August 2020). The Railway Online e-Pass Human Resource Management System (HRMS) had developed and maintained by CRIS. People can learn about the HRMS portal, railway e-pass, railway pass login, etc.
Railway Pass Online Apply
Railway E-HRMS Portal had designed to provide various services to all Indian Railway employees.
It had launched via video conferencing for FC/Railways, Board Members, CMD/IRCTC, MD/CRIS, GMs, PCPOS, PCCMS PFAs, and DRMs.
The HRMS portal facilitates work for the government and railway employees. They may send notices and necessary information to all Government and Railway Board employees.
It provides transparency in the field and accountability to all resources. Railway employees do not have to use the manual process to get a pass or other services. They can avail the following services:
- Information on salary increments
- Promotions and awards.
- Leave details
- New posting and training programs.
- Retirement benefits
- The compositions family according to the records and nominations for retirement benefits.
Currently, the board has still modified the portal and once completed, the services will be available.
They will implement the new HRMS in various stages to ensure that all employees are under the portal. This process will digitize all railway systems.
Applicants can use the mobile app or website portal to access railway e-pass and other services.
The system will be introduced by 1 October 2020, and retired employees will be able to access the portal from January 2020.
Visit the Indian Railways (HRMS) Human Resource Management System. For more details, visit the website.
HRMS Railway Login
- Access the following website.
- Click on ‘Need Help for login.’
- Enter the 11-digit PF/employee number as IPAS ID and click ‘Go.’
- Details including HRMS ID and registered mobile number are displayed.
- Click ‘Register Now in the HRMS mobile app and enter the 11-digit PF/employee number as IPAS ID.
- Contact the Personal Branch Dealing Clerk (DC of Bill Section).
- When the HRMS ID is made available as a user ID, and the default password is “Test@123”, employees can log in to the HRMS portal.
- Employees instruct to change the password after the first login.
- Congratulations, you are logged in to the HRMS portal.
- The OTP will send to the registered mobile number valid for one week.
- Enter the OTP.
- Click on ‘e-SR’.
- Then click on ‘My e-SR’ in the drop-down menu.
- You can check details regarding the status and family details.
- If there is any discrepancy, click on the ‘Remarks tab’ and submit the correct details with the same reference.
- Upon its certification, it will update by the relevant approving authority.
- If all the details are correct, you can follow the following steps to process the e-pass application.
Railway e-Pass Application of HRMS Portal
After the above steps, continue the below steps:
- Click on the “Pass” tab in the drop-down menu on the left.
- Select “Pass Set List”.
- Available manual passes and PTOs for 2020-21 will be displayed.
- If the past account details are correct, type “OK” in the “Remarks” tab and click “Confirm.”
- If there are any errors, type the nature of the error in the Remarks tab and click on the “Return to Clerk” tab.
- Press “Yes” in the pop-up menu.
- Then check the “Family Declaration” tab in the left drop-down menu.
- A screen containing a list of family members and dependents is displayed.
- If all the details related to the employee’s family and dependents are correct, tick the declaration and click ‘Submit.’
- If there are any changes/updates, the relevant documents, e.g., Bonafide certificate, etc., can be uploaded.
- To upload a document, click on the “Select” tab that appears on the screen against dependents and upload the same.
- You will send it to the Dealing Clerk/Pass Clerk for correction.
- After certification/approval by the Pass Issuing Authority, the employee will re-certify and submit.
- Upon completion of the above steps, the family details and PASS/PTO details will deem to have been verified by the employee.
How to apply for a digital e-pass?
- After login, Click on the Pass tab and then the “Pass Set List” tab in the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Type Pass’ from the drop-down menu (Privilege Pass or PTO) and click “Go.”
- It will display pass year and eligibility.
- Click on the number in the column available for full set (PP) or half set pass (PP/PTO) as required.
- You will redirect to the Pass Application page.
- If there are any existing applications (not yet submitted) for this year, they will appear on the list.
- You can edit them by clicking the Edit icon.
- Click on the “New Application” tab to create the latest application.
- Enter STATION FROM and STATION TO.
- If you do not know the station code, specify the station name in the “Station Description.”
- A menu containing family details will be available on the screen, and members can click when needed to be included in the pass.
- Enter Break Journey Details (PP) if required.
- If the attendant is qualified and wants to take the attendant, click on the tick box available on the screen for Attendants.
- Click “Submit.”
- You will forward the pass application to the Pass Clerk after successful submission.
- The applicant will receive the following message on the registered mobile:’ Your application number. XXXX Forwarded to Pass Clerk.
- Open the “Pass Application” or “PTO Application” as applied to find out the status of the application.
- The list of passes applied for, their unique numbers, and their status will display upon their approval by the Pass Issuing Authority.
- Click on ‘My Issued Pass’ and click on “Generate OTP” as required.
- It generated an OTP.
- After generating the OTP, you will receive a unique pass number on your registered mobile.
You can make reservations for train travel at the PRS counters and the online IRCTC portal at the railway stations using this unique pass number or pass and employee ID card.
How to cancel an HRMS e-pass
- Click on “My Issued Pass Application” inside the Pass tab.
- A list of passes applied for and generated will display.
- The same will cancel if the pass is not yet booked/reserved for travel.
- Click on “Cancel Pass” of the pass required to cancel.
- It generated an OTP.
- After registering the OTP, you will submit the pass cancellation request.
The e-pass on the HRMS application saves railway employees and railways time, paper, money, and a lot of energy.
In case of any issues, please reach out to the HRMS helpdesk
HRMS application related issue @ 7786940452 ,9971535534,7982542883
For OTP @ 7267910583,9953780947
For ePass related enquiry @ 9891643886,9069161539,9971168228 or
Please write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org