YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme is now named YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme by the present Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme was launched by former Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu in 2015 for the free coaching to SC, ST category students.
YSR Vidyonnathi scheme now includes Kapu, Minority, EBC, BC, Brahmin castes, and SC and ST. The idea of the scheme is to give free Civil Coaching for the applicants for Mains. Nearly 3850 civil applicants benefited from the program in the year 2018.
In the year 2019, no notification was released for the scheme due to assembly elections. Due to the Corona Virus, the process kept on hold and expecting after the lockdown.
Aspirants selected in the entrance exam are eligible for nine months of coaching under the YSR Vidyonnathi scheme.
The government extended the benefits for the Kapu candidates under the department of Kapu Welfare. Kapu students have to apply to the official website of Kapu Welfare and Development.
Eligibility for YSR Vidyonnathi
- The students applying must be permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- Applicants must complete Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University/Institute of State /Central government.
- The annual family income should be less than 2 Lakhs.
- The minimum age is 21 years and a maximum of 37 years candidates are eligible.
Documents Required for YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Bank Passbook (On applicants name)
- Disability Certificate (In case of disability)
- Passport Size photos (30KB)
- Signature (30KB)
YSR Vidyonnathi Process for Selection
The process for the selection of the students depends on the written test conducted by the department. Candidates who applied for the Vidyonnathi entrance test are eligible to write the examination.
After the test, the selection process depends on the written test and the government’s reservations. Applicants have to apply through YSR Vidyonnathi official website and can start preparing for the written examination.
- Commissioner of social welfare, tribal welfare, BC welfare, Kapu welfare, Brahmin Corporation.
- Commissioner of collegiate education and
- Representative nominated by the Finance Department
- Commissioner of Technical Education
Key Features of YSR Vidyonnathi
- The scheme is for the weak and helpless students.
- Students must study in highly rated institutions.
- Selected applicants will get three guidance program s from selected and reputed institutions.
- Committee of Senior Officials will choose the Institutions.
- Fee payment for the students subjected to their attendance to the institute.
Three Guidance Program
Selected students get guidance from professionals for CSAT + Mains exam. The scheme tenure is nine months.
This program is for two months and for the students who qualified in the preliminary exam.
Personality Test Guidance
The final phase of the guidance and under this selected applicants in the Mains will get a four-month course on UPSC interview level.
- Students who want to apply for YSR Vidyonnathi has to visit the official website.
- On the home page under YSR Vidyonnathi, click on the “APPSC Group-1 Mains Registration.”
- A form appears. Fill the form with all the mandatory information required and check the eligibility for application.
- Applicants have to write an online exam held by the department.
- Qualified students will receive SMS.
- Applicants have to enter UID, Date of Birth, Mobile number in the link and select institutes’ preferences.