More than 150 Indian cities host NISM Certification Examinations. The National Institute of Securities Markets conducts the certification exam to get different NISM certificate. If you are keen on pursuing a career in stock markets and constantly looking for courses on various online platforms, then the NISM course could be the one for you. NISM Offers a total of 22 short-term certification courses.
- 1 National Institute of Securities Market:
- 2 NISM Certificate Structure:
- 3 Eligibility for NISM Certificatie:
- 4 Exam Period:
- 5 NISM Certificate Validity:
- 6 NISM Address & Contact Number:
National Institute of Securities Market:
|National Institute of Securities Market|
|Type||National Apex Body|
|Parent agency||Securities and Exchange Board of India, Ministry of Finance, Government of India|
NISM Certificate Structure:
Six schools host NISM events and activities. These are listed below.
- School for Securities Education (SSE)
- School for Financial Literacy and Investor Education (SIEFL)
- School for Certification of Intermediaries (SCI)
- School for Securities Information and Research (SSIR)
- School for Regulatory Studies and Supervision (SRSS)
- School for Corporate Governance (SCG)
What is NISM Certification?
The NISM Certification (National Institute Of Securities Market) is SEBI’s educational arm (Securities Exchange Board of India). SEBI established it as a public trust in 2006 to run various courses. These include currency derivatives, investment advisors, and merchant banking certification.
It provides market participants with credentials. The institute has six schools and educates people on securities market professionalism and standardisation. All individuals with educational backgrounds, including professionals, employees, and students, are eligible for the NISM certificate.
Eligibility for NISM Certificatie:
It is optional to meet any age requirements or educational prerequisites to take the NISM exam. Most of these exams also have a 25% negative marking penalty. Passing marks in individual exams is 50% or 60%.
NISM Certification Exam Registration Fee:
Go to Official Website. And Check the fees.
A NISM exam registration costs as little as Rs 1200. The most expensive segmented exam has a registration cost of Rs 3000.
How to Register for NISM Certification Exam?
Using the network of its Test Administrators, NISM conducts Certification Examinations in more than 150 cities throughout India. You must follow the steps below to sit for the NISM Certificate Examinations. Click on How to Register and Enroll Online. Read the Guidelines properly.
- Create a NISM account by registering online at Official Website. You must provide your details & ID Proof.
- Open the activation link to your registered email address to activate your account. Seventy-two hours will pass before your account is validated.
- After your account is already proven, log into the NISM Certification Portal and select “Enrollment” -> “Enroll For Examination” from the menu.
- Select the required exam, the preferred city, the test location, the exam day, and the exam time, and then continue with the online payment. You will receive your admission card upon payment.
- Go to the selected Test Center along with the identity proofs PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport or Driving License) and Aadhar card.
Interested individuals can enrol for a certification exam valid for 180 days. Refunds will only give after this period has passed; there are no other options for scheduling.
NISM Certificate Validity:
Within 15 days after the exam’s completion, NISM issues the exam certification. The certification exam is valid for three years. Before the certificate expires, you can attend a one-day continuing professional education (CPE) classroom programme or obtain a three-year extension by passing the NISM Certification Exam.
NISM Address & Contact Number:
- Head Office: NISM Bhavan, Plot No. 82, Sector – 17 Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400703
- Helpdesk: +91-8080806476 (Helpdesk will remain closed on public holidays)
- Timings: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- For Certification Examinations: Email: email@example.com
- For CPE: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NISM: Official Website
Anyone above 18 can take these exams to verify their financial expertise in security markets.
Most NISM exams are moderate, i.e., neither easy nor difficult to crack. However, having the right strategy and dedicated study can help you. Overall, NISM certification is relatively easy.
As all the NISM’s test centres are fully functional now, it has decided to discontinue the remote proctored mode of exam delivery with effect from January 1, 2023. Therefore, candidates can only appear for the test centre-based examinations.
The average NISM salary in India is Rs 450,000 per year.
No, all NISM certifications have a fee ranging between 1500 to 3000 rupees.