A ration card is a government identity of an individual, and it also declares the economic status of an individual. You can read and check how to remove the name from the ration card. Recently, during the pandemic, the government has decided to accept the ration card in any state.
The word “One Nation One Ration Card” perfectly fits the decision. With this ration card, individuals can get their daily food grains from any electronic point of sale. This system allows labourers, daily wagers, Urban poor, temporary workers, etc.
The main point is how to change the name on the ration card or delete the name from the ration card.
Changing or removing a name from the ration card is necessary if any family member marries.
He must need a new ration card as the person gets a new family after marriage.
These are the documents you need.
- Applicant details.
- Additional members are to be added/removed.
- Date of Birth.
- Address proof details.
- Occupation of office held any.
- A signature or thumb impression.
How to remove the name from the ration card:
Removing or deleting a name from the ration card requires a separate application process.
Adding or removing a name from the ration card requires not much effort. The addition or removal process is an easy procedure. Here, you learn about removing a name from the ration card online.
There are many reasons for removing the name from the ration card. The two main reasons for removing the name from the ration card are:
- If a person dies in a family, then will remove the name from the ration card.
- If a family member gets married, they want to remove the name from the old ration card and apply for the new one.
Whatever the reason, we should remove the name from the ration card.
There are two methods for removing the name from the ration card. They are both online and offline procedures.
Remove name from the ration card Online:
The following are the steps to remove the name from the ration card online.
Some states do not have a good web portal for removing a name from the ration card. If they are good, then we can proceed with the online application.
Following are the details you need to fill in.
- Name to delete on the ration card.
- Reason for deletion.
- Mention if it is Death or any other reasons to delete.
- Relation of the member with the head of the family.
- Check out the delivery type.
- Original Document proof
These are the steps you need to follow.
- Step 1: Visit the Food and civil supplies department website of the state you belong to.
- Step 2: Select the ” electronic point of sale” option and click on that. You will redirect to the online ration card services or food security card portal.
- 3rd Step: Select the ration Card services or Services option from the menu.
- Step 4: Select changing or removing the name from the ration card in the Services.
- Step 5: You may also find an option like ” Name deletion application.”
- 6th Step: You can click on the option and download the form to fill out offline, or you can also fill it out online if possible.
- Step 7: You have to fill out the form with care. Fill in all the details perfectly and correctly without mistakes.
- Step 8: You have to fill in the details like name and the reason for removal of name.
- 9th Step: Submit the documents which are needed.
The documents should be scanned and submitted clearly.
Delete the Name in Ration Card Offline:
Changing or removing the name offline is the same as the online process.
What Details do you need to fill in?
- The details in the deletion form will be the same as those in the online deletion form.
- After filling in all the details, the candidate has to attach the Xerox copies of proof documents.
- The documents such as Death or marriage certificates can be issued at government offices.
The difference between the online and offline process is that you must collect the forms at the nearest food department or the local ration card office.
The process is the same for offline, but you must complete the form offline.
Follow the steps for applying offline.
- Step 1: Visit the nearest ration card office and take the application form to remove the name.
- Step 2: Fill in all the details in the form carefully.
- 3rd Step: After completing the form, you must attach Xerox copies of all the necessary application documents.
- Step 4: You must attach the documents for a reason mentioned in the application form.
You should submit the death certificate if you want to remove the name as the person has expired.
If you want to remove the name as the person got married, submit the marriage certificate issued by the state’s government.
After applying with all the required documents attached to the application form, the officials will verify the details and remove the name from the ration card.
Later, you can collect the new ration card with the name removed at the nearest ration card office.
Important Note: The procedure for removing the name from the ration card is the same for most states like Telangana, Tamil Nadu, etc. But it may differ based on the rules and methods the individual state governments follow.
You can also visit the nearest meeseva centre to remove the name on the ration card.
Food and Civil Supplies Department.
To check if Aadhaar is linked with a ration card, submit a copy of your Aadhaar Card and a photo of your Ration Card to the nearest PDS Shop. Finger biometrics will be done to authenticate and verify your identity with Aadhaar Card.
Below Poverty Line.
We have the Above Poverty Line (APL), Below Poverty Line (BPL), and Antyodaya AAY.