PMJAY is a chief program of the government of India. PMJAY is Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, which falls under the second component of Ayushman Bharat. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched this Scheme on 23rd September 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
PMJAY is the most significant health assurance scheme in the world. The program’s main aim is to provide Rs 5 Lakh health insurance per family. Health Insurance covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
Nearly 10.74 Crore poor and unprotected families, eight crores from rural and 2.74 from urban benefited from the PMJAY scheme. The families included in this Scheme are based on the criteria of poverty and occupation of the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011.
PMJAY was earlier called as “National Health Protection Scheme.” The beneficiaries will get an e-card to avail of services at the selected hospitals. Hospitals may be public or private anywhere in India.
As of September 2019, 18,059 hospitals were selected. Over 44,06,461 Lakh beneficiaries were admitted, and nearly 10 Crore e-cards were issued. People can walk into a hospital for cashless treatment.
The coverage of this e-card includes three days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization expenses. The service covers approximately 1400 procedures with related costs like OT expenses, diagnostics, and medicine for treatment.
Eligibility for PMJAY
In Rural Areas
- SC/ ST households
- Families without a male member of age 16-59 years
- Beggars and people are surviving on Charities.
- One of the family members was physically challenged, and no non-disabled adult members in the family.
- Households with no land and working as casual labourers are eligible.
- Primitive Tribal Communities.
- Legally released bonded labourers are eligible.
- Families are living in one room of temporary houses without proper walls and roofs.
- Scavenger families.
In Urban Areas
- Rag Pickers
- Electricians, repair workers, Mechanics, handicraft workers,
- Sanitation workers, gardeners, sweepers, and home-based artisans.
- Tailors, hawkers, Domestic Help
- Cobblers and others provide services by working on streets or pavements.
- Plumbers, masons, construction workers, porters, welders, painters and security guards
- Transport workers like drivers, conductors, helpers, cart or rickshaw pullers
- Assistants, peons in small establishments, delivery boys, shopkeepers, and waiters
People not entitled to PMJAY
- Families with two, three, or four-wheeler or motorized fishing boats are not eligible.
- People using MeMechanizedarming equipment.
- People with Kisan Credit Cards with Rs 50,000 limit.
- Government employees.
- Candidates who are working under government-managed non-agriculture enterprises are not eligible.
- People earn a monthly income of above Rs 10,000.
- Candidates who have Refrigerators and landlines are not eligible.
- People with decent, solidly built houses.
- Candidates who have 5 acres or more agricultural land are also not eligible.
Documents required for PMJAY
- Identity Proof and Age Proof (Aadhaar Card/Pan Card)
- Mobile number, Email ID, Residential Address
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Documents stating your current family status.
Diseases Covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Prostate cancer
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Double valve replacement
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
- Pulmonary valve replacement
- Skull base surgery
- Laryngopharyngectomy with gastric pull-up
- Anterior spine fixation
- Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns
Diseases not Covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Drug Rehabilitation program
- Cosmetic Related procedures
- Fertility related procedures
- Organ Transplantation
- Individual diagnostics
How to Apply for PMJAY
There is no particular registration procedure for applying for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
According to SECC 2011, all the beneficiaries and people already part of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme were identified.
Citizens here need to check whether they are eligible to be a beneficiary for PMJAY.
- First, visit the Official Website Click Here.
- Click on the “Am I Eligible” option in the top right corner.
- A new page appears to log in to the portal.
- Enter the mobile number and the Captcha code given, and click on “Generate OTP.”
- Now enter the OTP and verify.
- Select your State and search by name/HHD number/ration card number/mobile number.
- If the search result appears on the screen, then your family is covered under PMJAY.
The citizens can also know their eligibility by approaching any Empanelled Health Care Provider.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana call centre number: 14555 or 1800-111-565