PMJAY is a chief program of the government of India. PMJAY is Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, which falls under the second component of Ayushman Bharat. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched this Scheme on 23rd September 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
PMJAY is the most significant health assurance scheme in the world. The main aim of the program is to provide Rs 5 Lakh health insurance per family. Health Insurance covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
Nearly 10.74 Crore poor and unprotected families eight crores from rural and 2.74 crores from urban benefited with PMJAY scheme. The families included for this scheme are based on the criteria of poverty and occupation of the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011.
PMJAY earlier called as “National Health Protection Scheme.” The beneficiaries will get an e-card used to avail services at the selected hospitals. Hospitals may be public or private anywhere in India.
As of September 2019, 18,059 hospitals selected. In that, over 44,06,461 Lakh beneficiaries admitted, and nearly 10 Crore e-cards issued. People can walk into a hospital for cashless treatment.
The coverage of this e-card includes three days pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses. The service covers approximately 1400 procedures with related costs like OT expenses, diagnostics, and medicine for treatment.
Eligibility for PMJAY
In Rural Areas
- SC/ ST households
- Families without a male member of age 16-59 years
- Beggars and people are surviving on Charities.
- One of the family members physically challenged and no non-disabled adult members in the family.
- Households with no lands and working as casual laborers are eligible.
- Primitive Tribal Communities.
- Legally released bonded laborers are eligible.
- Families are living in one room of temporary houses without proper walls and roofs.
- Scavenger families.
In Urban Areas
- Rag Pickers
- Electricians, repair workers, Mechanics, handicraft workers,
- Sanitation workers, gardeners, sweepers, home-based artisans.
- Tailors, hawkers, Domestic Help
- Cobblers and others providing services by working on streets or pavements
- Plumbers, masons, construction workers, porters, welders, painters and security guards
- Transport workers like drivers, conductors, helpers, cart or rickshaw pullers
- Assistants, peons in small establishments, delivery boys, shopkeepers, and waiters
People not entitled for PMJAY
- Families with two, three, or four-wheeler or motorized fishing boats are not eligible.
- People using Mechanized farming equipment.
- People with Kisan Credit Cards with Rs 50,000 limit.
- Government employees.
- Candidates who are working under government-managed non-agriculture enterprises are not eligible.
- People are earning a monthly income of above Rs 10,000.
- Candidates who are having Refrigerators and landlines are not eligible.
- People with decent solidly built houses.
- Candidates who are having 5 acres or more agricultural land are also not eligible
Documents required for PMJAY
- Identity Proof and Age Proof (Aadhaar Card/Pan Card)
- Mobile number, Email ID, Residential Address
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Documents stating your current family status.
Diseases Covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Prostate cancer
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Double valve replacement
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
- Pulmonary valve replacement
- Skull base surgery
- Laryngopharyngectomy with gastric pull-up
- Anterior spine fixation
- Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns
Diseases not Covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Drug Rehabilitation program
- Cosmetic Related procedures
- Fertility related procedures
- Organ Transplantation
- Individual diagnostics
How to Apply for PMJAY
There is no particular registration procedure for the application of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. According to SECC 2011, all the beneficiaries and people who are already part of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme identified. Citizens here need to check whether they are eligible to be a beneficiary for PMJAY or not.
- First, visit the Official Website Click Here.
- Click on the “Am I Eligible” option on the top right corner.
- A new page appears to login to the portal.
- Enter the mobile number, Captcha code given, and click on the “Generate OTP.”
- Now enter the OTP and verify.
- Select your State and search by name/HHD number/ration card number/mobile number.
- If the search result will appear on the screen, then your family is covered under PMJAY.
The citizens can also know their eligibility by approaching any Empanelled Health Care Provider.
Help Line Number
Ayushman Bharat Yojana call center number: 14555 or 1800-111-565