There are many scholarship schemes for students’ education in India. The Karnataka government started the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme. This scheme helps farmer children by providing money for their education. You can learn the procedure to apply, benefits, eligibility, documents required, etc., in the following article.
- 1 About Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship:
- 1.1 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.2 How do I apply for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme online?
About Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship:
Farmer is one of the most useful occupations, but farmers need more money for their hard work. Causes disturbances in their children’s education. So, the Karnataka government launched the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship scheme to support the farmer’s children financially. Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai started this scheme for Karnataka residents on August 7th, 2021. Through this scheme, the children of farmers get financial help for their education.
This scholarship helps students continue their higher studies after the 10th standard. The scholarship amount varies from course to course. The Amount ranges between 2500-11000. Eligible candidates can visit the official website and apply online. You will get designated money directly to your bank account if you qualify. Read the below article to learn more about the scheme.
|Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
|CM Basavaraj Bommai
|To provide financial help for farmer’s students
|Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship
|Mode of transfer
|Direct bank transfer(DBT)
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship scheme are as follows,
- The applicant must be a Karnataka state permanent resident.
- The applicant’s father must be a farmer.
- Must complete 10th standard from a recognized school by central or state government.
Required documents for Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship:
There are some documents that every applicant must submit to apply for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship scheme. They are as follows,
- Identity proof
- Resident proof
- Bank passbook copy
- Farmer ID card
- 10th class mark sheet
- Age proof document
- Passport size photo
How do I apply for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme online?
To get the benefits of the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship, you can apply online through its official website. Visit the website and apply for it by following the steps.
- First, visit the official website of the Karnataka Government’s Department of Agriculture from any browser.
- Click the ‘Scholarship program for framer’s children’ on the homepage.
- You will be redirected to the next page; click ‘Yes’ if you have an Aadhar number and enter your name, age, gender and other details.
- If you don’t have an aadhar number, enter your EID number, EID name, age and other details.
- Then, check all the details and click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Now, on the new page, enter the required details.
- Next, upload the required documents.
- Lastly, apply by clicking on the ‘Submit’ option.
How to log in as a student?
If you want to sign in to your account as a student for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme, follow the below steps.
- Go to the official website of the scheme provided by the government.
- Then, on the homepage, click the ‘Scholarship program for farmer’s children’ option.
- Next, click on ‘Student Login’ that appears on the screen.
- Enter your user ID, password created during application and captcha code to sign in to your account.
- Finally, click ‘Login’ to log in to your student account.
The scholarship amount for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme is different for every course. The scholarships given to the farmer’s students are as follows,
|Amount for boys
|Amount for girls
|PUC or ITI
|BA, BSC, MBBS, BE or any other professional course
|Law, Paramedical, nursing and other related courses
How do I know student ID?
If you want to know your student ID for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme, follow the steps below. They are,
- Visit the official website provided by the Karnataka Government.
- Click on the ‘Scholarship Program for farmers’ children’ on the homepage.
- Next, click the ‘Know your student ID’ option on the screen.
- Now, enter the mobile number that you used during the application.
- Select the student ID option, and you will get your student ID.
Departmental login process:
You can follow the below steps for departmental login for the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship scheme.
- Go to the official website of ‘The Agriculture Department’.
- Then click the ‘Scholarship program for farmer’s children’ option on the screen.
- On the new page, click on the ‘Departmental login’ option.
- Now enter your username, password and captcha code and click the ‘Login’ option.
- You can log in to your account.
Benefits from the Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme are,
- It helps in increasing the literacy rate in the state.
- You will get a scholarship amount for higher studies.
- The scholarship funds will be transferred to the applicant’s bank account.
- Benefit for farmer’s children.
- It gives scholarships for post-graduation, too.
- You can apply quickly online.
- Visit the official website of the ‘Agriculture Department’ of Karnataka.
- Then click on the ‘Contact’ option.
- You will get two options, ‘Head office’ and ‘District office’ and select what you need.
- The contact details will appear on the screen.
- Email: postmatrichelp@karnataka or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free number: 1800-425-3553.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, the entire application for this scholarship is online. You can apply by visiting the official website.
According to the course, students can get between 2,500 and 11,000 scholarships.
Only the children of farmers are eligible for this scheme.
This scheme provides financial help for the children of farmers for their higher education after 10th standard.