Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy announced the YSR Housing Scheme on 12th July 2019. The scheme’s main objective is to provide houses for the poor who cannot afford to build homes.
Under this scheme, all eligible citizens can apply for a housing scheme. According to some sources, these houses are free of cost to the beneficiaries.
There will be two phases of YSR Pedalandariki Illu, nearly 30.6 Lakh beneficiaries identified across the state, and will provide documents for a free house for open litigation areas.
The CM instructed all the district collectors of the state to complete the preliminary work to distribute the housing sites to the people who applied for the scheme.
Some sites are under stay orders issued by the High Court, and CM also instructed officials to vacate the land in stay order.
As of now 68.361 acres of land acquired by the AP government for housing scheme and the land value is Rs 23535 crores. Nearly 16 Lakh houses were constructed with each house costing 1.8 Lakh and Rs 28800 crores spent on the scheme. From 25th December 2020, the second phase of YSR Housing Scheme started. The AP government aims to complete 28.30 Lakh houses under the second phase within 3 years. Around 3075755 houses distributed for the women beneficiaries and construction of 1560000 houses was initiated on 25th December 2020.
YSR Pedalandariki Illu Layout
On 3oth December 2020, the CM of Andhra Pradesh disclosed Gunkalam Colony’s layout, its largest layout house. Gunkalam Layout is 397 acres with 12301 plots and becomes the Nagar Panchayat after building houses.
Some amenities include roads, electricity, drinking water, hospitals, educational facilities, parks, police stations, health clinics, banks, RBKs, etc.
The Chief Minister stated that the government would construct all the AP towns in the future under this housing scheme. The plot’s market value in Gunkalam is 3 Lakh, and it increased to 6 to 7 Lakh after the construction of houses.
They constructed houses under the scheme given to the beneficiaries free of cost. Around 30.75 Lakh beneficiaries were identified, and 28.30 Lakh houses were built in the two phases.
Energy-Efficient Houses at YSR Housing Scheme
The Chief Minister of AP will inaugurate the model house at Komaragiri village. Homes distributed under this scheme will be energy efficient.
The houses were built to support the BEE and SWISS confederation under the assistance of APSECM. The house designs are innovative with indo-swiss energy efficient and thermally comfortable technology.
According to this technology, the temperature reduces by 2 to 4 degrees, ensuring 20% electricity savings. With this thermally comfortable technology, the house will be safe and healthy and promote the same.
The houses are constructed areas with adequate and decent accommodation and basic amenities that will ultimately improve living quality.
People must qualify in some parameters before applying for YSR Housing Scheme.
- The applicants must be Permanent residents of AP state.
- Applicants having BPL ration cards are eligible to apply and are considered beneficiaries.
- Applicants having land or property are not qualified to apply for the scheme.
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Address Proof
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Mobile Number
How to apply for YSR Housing Scheme 2021?
The AP or Housing Corporation government did not disclose the application procedure yet for the scheme.
The housing corporation department will soon reveal the application procedure. The process may be online or offline to fill out the form, attach the documents required, and submit it.
YSR Housing Scheme Status of Beneficiary Search
- To check the applicant named in the beneficiary list, visit the official website apgovhousing.apcfss.in.
- Click on beneficiary search at the bottom of the home page.
- A new page appears. Enter the details, like enter Ben ID or UID or ration card and click on the search option.
- The beneficiary list will display n the screen.
How to Check YSR Housing Status 2022?
- Applicants who want to check the YSR Housing scheme Status must visit the official website.
- Click on the PMAY- Gramin or PMAY-Urban at the bottom of the home page.
- If the application relates to the rural area, choose PMAY Gramin.
- If the applicants belong to the urban area, choose PMAY Urban.
- A new page opens, now click on the relevant link and submit the details with the attached documents.
Applicants having any issues or queries can contact the below.
Toll-free No. 1100
Email ID: [email protected]