Amma Vodi Scheme
The Honorable Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy of Andhra Pradesh launched a flagship program the Amma Vodi scheme which is a part of “Navaratnalu “.
Amma Vodi is a scheme for providing financial assistance for the below poverty line mothers or guardians to educate their children.
The government of Andhra Pradesh introduces the scheme on June 10, 2019, and completion of the application process must be by November/ December 2019.
The Chief Minister is likely to implement the Amma Vodi scheme on January 9, 2020.
Eligibility for Amma Vodi Scheme
- Irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and region for the classes I to XII (Intermediate) are eligible for Amma Vodi.
- For the mothers/guardians for sending their children to schools the government of Andhra Pradesh is giving financial assistance of Rs 15000 per year
- The beneficiary will get funds directly to their bank accounts.
- The children must have a minimum of 75% of attendance to get eligibility for the scheme.
- In this scheme, there should be a valid Aadhaar card for the child and mother and a valid bank account in the name of the mother.
- If the child discontinues the study session in the middle of the academic year and he will not be able to avail of the scheme.
- The children studying in all the below schools/colleges are eligible.
- Recognized Government
- Private aided
- Private unaided schools/Jr.colleges
- Residential schools/colleges for the academic year 2019-2020
Benefits of scheme
- The main motive of the Andhra Pradesh government is to increase the percentage of children going to school in rural areas.
- The scheme is helping the poor families to cover their expenses on children going to school.
- The scheme designed to incentivize mothers to prevent their children from taking up work.
- After launching the scheme the increase of 30% of students enrolled for the current academic year.
- Through this scheme, it will be a great way to encourage families to send their children to schools.
Documents needed for Amma Vodi scheme
- Residential proof
- Aadhaar card of mother and the child
- School admission certificate
- Income certificate
- Attendance certificate from the school
- Bank account details
Application for Ammavodi scheme
- The application mode is offline for the convenience of rural families. We will get an enrollment form from the official website.
- The applicants have to take the printout of the registration document and fill it with the required details.
- After filling the form attach the copies of documents mentioned in the form.
- Depending upon the residential location, the applicant has to carry the application along with the attached copies to the Block Development Officer in the Gram Panchayat.
For Any queries Contact
4th Floor, B block, VTPS Rd, Bhimaraju Gutta,
Ibrahimpatnam, Andhra Pradesh 521456.
Phone: 9705655349, 9705454869