You all know that Covid-19 has had a very serious impact worldwide. Children were also affected due to Covid-19. They lost their normal lives and their parents due to Covid-19. To help these children, the Government of India has launched PM Cares for Children Yojana 2022.
The Prime Minister’s Child Care Scheme provides beneficiaries with a wide range of financial and social assistance. You will know how to take advantage of this scheme through this article.
Apart from that, you will also get the eligibility details and a list of beneficiaries. So please look at this article and capture all the important information related to its Plan.
About PM Cares for Children Scheme 2022
Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM Cares for Children scheme. Under the scheme, children who lost their parents due to Covid-19 will provide various benefits.
Including rehabilitation facilities, gap funding to ensure education, a monthly stipend, and Rs 10 lakh upon attaining the age of 23 years.
The government recognizes the need for a special fund whose primary goal is to deal with any emergency or crisis. To this end, the government has launched a public charitable trust called the PM Cares Fund.
The PM Care Fund provides financial assistance under this scheme. The Child Welfare and Ministry of Women will be the nodal agency for managing the PM Care Fund.
Benefits released under the scheme
During the scheme launch, the Prime Minister also spoke to various beneficiaries and highlighted that if anyone wants to get a loan for professional courses for children, the PM care fund will also help.
The government has arranged for financial assistance of Rs 4,000 per month. Aayushman Health Cards will also issue to the beneficiaries. On 30 May 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the benefits under the Minister’s Care Scheme for Children.
With the transfer of Prime Minister’s Scholarships to school PM Cares and Healthcare, Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana will provide the benefits of the PM Care Scheme for children who have lost their parents or legal guardians between 11 March 2020 and 28 February 2022.
Key Highlights of the Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pm Cares for Children Yojana|
|Launched by||the Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||for children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19|
|Objective||Financial support to the Beneficiary|
The objective of PM Cares for Children Yojana.
- The main purpose of the PM Cares for Children Yojana is to provide financial and Social Security for children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19.
- The scheme provides financial assistance for rehabilitation facilities, educational support, and day-to-day operations.
- So that children do not have to depend on anyone to meet their needs, the scheme will improve the living standards of the Beneficiary. Beneficiaries are also self-reliant.
- Benefits and Features of PM Cares Scheme for Children
- Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM Cares for Children Yojana.
- Children who lost their parents due to Kovid-19 will provide with various benefits, including rehabilitation facilities, gap funding to ensure education, a monthly stipend, and Rs 10 lakh upon attaining the age of 23.
- The government recognizes the need for a special fund whose primary goal is to deal with any emergency or crisis.
- To this end, the government has launched a public charitable trust called the PM Cares Fund.
- The PM Care Fund provides financial assistance under this scheme.
- The Child Welfare and Ministry of Women will be the nodal agency for managing the PM Care Fund.
- The government has arranged for financial assistance of Rs 4,000 per month.
- Aayushman Health Cards will also issue to the beneficiaries.
- On 30 May 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will appoint an officer at the ADM level to deal with the release of benefits under the PM Cares for Children scheme.
- The grievances portal also provides alerts for pending complaints.
- The portal also has a built-in dashboard and historical grievance redressal record.
- The beneficiaries of the PM Cares scheme for children are registered under the AYUSHMAN BHARAT scheme and get health insurance of Rs.5 lakh.
Entitlements under PM Cares for Children scheme.
Supporting boarding and Lodging
- The District Magistrate with the Welfare Committee will make efforts to explore the possibility of rehabilitating children with extended family, relatives, or cousins.
- If the extended family does not want the child to live again, the child between the ages of 4 and 10 will place in foster care after adequate care.
- The child will be placed in an appropriate childcare institution if the foster family is unavailable.
- Children over ten years of age and those who have not received a large family or foster family have enrolled in Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Avasiya Vidyalaya, Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Ekalavya Model School, Sainik School, Navodaya Vidyalaya or any other residential. School.
- It ensures that all siblings are together as much as possible.
Assistance for preschool and school education
- For children under six years of age, support and assistance from supplementary nutrition, preschool education, immunization, and Anganwadi service. Etc.
- All children under ten are offered admission as Day Scholars at the nearest school.
- Uniforms, textbooks, etc., will be provided free of cost to public schools under the Comprehensive Punishment Campaign.
- In private schools, tuition fees are exempt under the RTE Act.
- If the children do not get the above benefits, They will pay the fees from the pm care fund.
- All youngsters between 11 and 16 had been admitted to a nearby school.
- Authorities will make arrangements if child accommodation is required.
- Assistance also provided children with higher education loans for professional courses.
- If a child cannot obtain an interest deduction from a government plan, they will pay interest on the education loan from the pm care fund.
- The government will also provide a scholarship of Rs 20,000 to all children who attend school as per the rules.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme are entitled to a monthly stipend of Rs. Four thousand will receive it.
- 10 lakh to the Beneficiary on attaining the age of 23 years.
- That amount will be credited directly to the Beneficiary’s bank account.
Process flow for PM Cares for Children Scheme
The District Magistrate conducts the drive for beneficiary identification with the help of various other departments.
The scheme’s benefit was provided to all children who lost their parents, surviving parents, legal guardians, adoptive parents, or single parents.
Once the Beneficiary has been identified, a support request will be filled out before the CWC by the child or guardian or any other agency that produces the child. They will register all identified children on the portal within one week.
After completing the form, the authority will conduct the certification to identify the eligible beneficiaries.
The authorities will check the eligibility criteria of the candidate. If the child had found to be ineligible, they would disqualify from the scheme, and if it had found that the child is eligible, their account would open in which the funds will transfer.
After properly verifying the candidate’s eligibility, they will open the account in the child’s name. If the children are under 18 years of age, their account will be opened with the District Magistrate as a joint accountant until they reach the age of 18 years.
They will open a single account in such a case for children above 18 years of age on the date of joining the account.
Transfer of funds:
After opening the bank account, the advantage amount will be credited directly to the Beneficiary’s account. Within one month of receiving the funds, the authorities must deposit the amount into the Beneficiary’s account.
Beneficiary affiliation with another scheme:
It is obligatory to have an Adhaar card to avail of this scheme. If the Beneficiary does not have an Aadhaar card, the authorities will facilitate Aadhaar registration.
Grievance Redressal under PM Cares for Children Scheme:
- The DM appoints an officer at the ADM level to resolve grievances. They will build a grievance redressal mechanism on the portal to assist in resolving and resolving grievances.
- Alerts had also provided through the portal for pending complaints.
- The portal also includes a built-in dashboard and a historical grievance redressal record.
- If the complaint is pending for more than 15 days, it will automatically reach the state or central level.
- If the complaint has not been attended to within 30 days, the complaint will automatically reach the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Those children who had lost
- both parents or
- surviving parents or
- legal guardian/adoptive parents/single adoptive parents
Due to Covid-19 from 11 March 2020 to 28 February 2022.
Note: The child’s age should not be less than 18 years from the date of death of the parents.
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Parent Death Certificate
- Kovid-19 Positive Report etc.
How to apply under PM Cares for Children Yojana?
- First, go to the official website PM Cares Scheme. The homepage will appear in front of you.
- Citizens can start the process of child registration by clicking on the CHILD REGISTRATION button present on the homepage
- Upon clicking the `Child Registration` button, a form will be open, as shown below. In the form, the informant has to enter his/her mobile number for verification purposes.
- Click on the ‘Send OTP’ button – an OTP will be sent on the informant’s mobile.
- Click on Verify button, and the Child Registration form will open as follows:
- Now you need to upload all the required documents, and then you need to click on submit
- Following this procedure, you can apply under the PM Cares for children scheme.
Procedure to Login on Portal
- Go to the official website PM Cares scheme
- The homepage will display before you.
- On the home page, you need to click on login, and then the following options will appear in front of you: Central, State, District.
- You have to click on the option of your choice.
- Now you need to select the user type.
- After that, you need to enter the login credentials.
- Now you need to click on login.
- You can log in to the outlet by following this procedure.
How to Track the Status?
- Visit the official website of the PM Cares Scheme. https://pmcaresforchildren.in/
- You may track the status of your registered application by clicking ‘View Status of Application.
- Click on ‘View Status of the Application’ and enter the application id. Will open are as follows.
- Click on Submit button, and the Child Status report will open.