- 1 About Vidhwa Pension Yojana
- 2 Eligibility for Vidhwa Pension Yojana
- 3 Documents Required for Widow Pension
- 4 Application for Vidhwa Pension Scheme
About Vidhwa Pension Yojana
Vidhwa Pension Yojana is also popular as a Widow Pension scheme. Uttar Pradesh’s government introduced Vidhwa Pension Scheme for helping Widow Women.
The government decided to give financial assistance to the destitute widows from 18 years to 60 years under the poverty line. The UP government is giving Rs 300 to the widows every month for their basic needs.
The Vidhwa Pension Yojana is a welfare scheme by the Uttar Pradesh government and gets help from the Central Government under National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). Widows can apply for this Widow Pension scheme online and offline.
Eligibility for Vidhwa Pension Yojana
- Widowed women of Uttar Pradesh were only considered for this scheme.
- The age of the widowed women for eligibility is 18 years to 60 years.
- If the widowed woman remarries after the death of her husband will not be eligible for the scheme.
- If the applicant is not getting any other government scheme, benefits are eligible.
- The widowed women’s children must not be adults. If they are adults and cannot maintain the needs of his/her mother are eligible.
Documents Required for Widow Pension
- Aadhaar Card
- Death certificate of husband
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
- Bank account book
- Age certificate
- Passport size photo
- Mobile number
Application for Vidhwa Pension Scheme
- If the widow wants to apply for the scheme, visit the official website.
- On the home page, click on the “apply now” option.
- A new page opens. Now click on the “new entry form” option.
- A form appears where the applicants have to fill the form with required details like personal details, bank details, spouse death details, income details, etc.
- After filling the form, click on the checkbox, enter the Captcha code, and click on the “save” option.
- The form is saved, and the registration number generated to keep the registration number for future reference.
- Check the application form thoroughly and view the way before clicking on the “final submit” option.
- Take the printout of the application filled and submit it to the offices of DPO/DSWO/DHWO within one month.
The applicants can apply offline for Vidhwa Pension. The application forms are available at the offices of the Block Development Officer of the district.
If the applicant is from village or rural areas, the application forms submitted at village gram sabha, and the applicants in urban areas must submit them at district probation offices.
Check Application Status of Vidhwa Pension Scheme
- If the applicants want to check the status of their application, visits the official website.
- The applicant has to create a password to check the status.
- On the home page, click on the “application status” option.
- The new page opens, where the applicant has to click on “register to create a password.”
- Select the scheme displayed on the screen, application registration number, bank account number, Captcha code, and click on the “submit” option.
More Details about Vidhwa pension Yojana
- The UP government is giving a pension of Rs 300 for the widow of the age 18 years to 60 years, and after attaining 80 years, the beneficiary will get Rs 500 per month.
- The pension amount is directly going to the applicant’s bank account number or through the post office, as per the applicant’s convenience.
- The beneficiary Vidhwa pension will discontinue if she remarries or she gets out of below the poverty line.
- The concerned authorities have to verify the detail of the applications submitted. A verification team visits the applicant’s residence for inspection. After the verification is completed, the beneficiaries will directly get the pension to their bank account.
- The application processing time taken to finalize is a maximum of two months, and it depends on the verification and other formalities.
- Gram Panchayat/Municipal Offices disclosed the list of the beneficiaries who availed of the pension, and the list updated every three months.