Ration card Telangana
Ration card Telangana helps the people who belong to the lower sections of society. They can purchase food grains along with pulses at a reasonable price. A ration card is a document with a primary motive that its holder will receive food at affordable rates from the Public Distribution System. For that, the eligible citizens must apply for a ration card in Telangana. They can also check the ration card/FSC Card status by visiting the EPDS Telangana online portal.
Types Of Telangana Ration Card
There are mainly three different types of ration cards in Telangana. They are
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards
- FSC cards
- Mobile Number
- Email ID.
- Aadhaar card,
- Identity Proof
- Electricity Bill,
- Age proof
- Passport Size Photo.
- Income Proof Certificate
Below are the eligibility criteria for the citizens to apply for the ration card:
- The person must be a resident of Telangana state.
- The citizen must not have a ration card or FSC card
- Applicant must belong to EWS
- An applicant who has expired ration cards can apply for a new one
How to apply for a ration card in Telangana?
Follow the given steps to apply for a ration card in Telangana online.
- Visit the MeeSeva portal.
- Click on ‘Other Links’
- Click on the option of Application Forms.
- Select the ‘Civil Supplies’ option
- Select the ‘application for a new food security card’ option.
- The application will start downloading.
- Print the application form
- Fill in the details on the primary section of the application form, such as the applicant’s name, gender, age, father’s name, mobile number, etc. Other sections include the qualification details, region, district, total income of the family, the number of family members, etc.
- Attach the specified documents.
- Submit the form, documents along with a fee at the nearest MeeSeva center.
How to Check Status of Ration Card Telangana?
The process to check the status of ration card TS is:
- Go to the official website of the EPDS Telangana portal.
- Click on the ‘FSC Search’ tab.
- The applicant can check the ration card status by using any following options, including the FSC Reference Number, Ration Card Number, Old Ration Card Number, and District.
- Enter the required details, then click on ‘Search.’
According to the National Food Security Act, the Telangana government embedded TPDS through its EPDS Telangana food Security Card:
- With the food Security Card, poor people receive wheat, sugar, rice, kerosene, LPG, fertilizers, etc., at very reasonable costs in Telangana.
- The Government sets up shops to help FSC cardholders obtain the essential materials at reasonable prices.
- FSC card is a multi-useful card; it can be linked to the Aadhaar card and the cardholder’s bank account.
- The food security ration card is an important Identity document of the family.